Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster LED H4 headlight install tips on F3

Did install of Lamonster LED H4 headlights on my 2015 F3 base model today: Tips: 1. Instructions are in the manual or service manual. Go slow and step by step. 2. You do not have to take the side panels off. 3. To get to the back of the headlights, you must go through the top panel. You do not have to take the top panel completely off; just lift it enough to get your hands in. 4. If you have a windshield, it must come off. 5. I labeled paper envelopes, Step 1, Step 2 etc. and each time I took off a set of screws, I put the screws in the respective envelope. That made re installation a whole lot simpler. Now about which engine oil to use.....Never mind!
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Spyder Garage

Wish the RT was that easy

Spyder Garage

Deer....although Lamonster calls them fog lights, what kind of beams do they project? Anything like pencil beam road lights that help you see a lot farther down the road? Can the beams be adjusted once the lights are installed and the bike is back together?
    I apologize for all the questions, but I'm a Spyder virgin and I do want to add those lights. They appear to be well made and a complete kit. While all the Tupperware is off, I will add their LED headlights too - might as well.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Deer....although Lamonster calls them fog lights, what kind of beams do they project? Anything like pencil beam road lights that help you see a lot farther down the road? Can the beams be adjusted once the lights are installed and the bike is back together?
    I apologize for all the questions, but I'm a Spyder virgin and I do want to add those lights. They appear to be well made and a complete kit. While all the Tupperware is off, I will add their LED headlights too - might as well.
    The fog lights project diffused light in my opinion. With those on, it's more about other drivers seeing you than projecting light for you to see. The fog light beams cannot be adjusted before or after installation. The LED headlights on the other hand are superior to the stock headlights. They put out some noticeably improved light and the highbeams really reach down the road. Hope that helps.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by deer30084 View Post
    The fog lights project diffused light in my opinion. With those on, it's more about other drivers seeing you than projecting light for you to see. The fog light beams cannot be adjusted before or after installation. The LED headlights on the other hand are superior to the stock headlights. They put out some noticeably improved light and the highbeams really reach down the road. Hope that helps.
    Thanks John. Now that brings up a question; Does anyone make a pencil beam driving light for the F3? One that fits where the fog lights go?
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome