Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I used them to mount a fuse block for my accessories. Easy location to check and replace fuses if needed. I attached a corner bracket to each and then mounted the fuse block to the corner bracket.

CJ JAX
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

It is kind of hard to see the mounts in question but I will hazard a guess that the mounts are for the electronic actuator for the frunk lid release that was discontinued in either 2012 or 2013.
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Guy View Post
    It is kind of hard to see the mounts in question but I will hazard a guess that the mounts are for the electronic actuator for the frunk lid release that was discontinued in either 2012 or 2013.
    Nope. The mounts in the OP supported the battery jumper posts in 2013 only. The frunk lid actuator was mounted directly on the frunk lid latch mechanism.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Guy View Post
    I think the hunt for the purpose still continues because the brackets exist in my 2015 F3s as well as our 2017 RTs. I would agree with an earlier post that there are used outside of NA for something.

CJ JAX

Spyder Garage

I dunno, I thought that the 'hunt' for their purpose is well & truly over. As has been pointed out earlier, the brackets are for the remote battery terminal block on the 2013 Spyders.

2013 was the year that saw the last significant changes to the frame; before then, the battery was under the seat so there was no need for those brackets & they aren't on the earlier models. But along came 2013 & the new frame with those posts/brackets, which were put there to hold the remote battery terminals, basically so you didn't have to open up the battery case that's down in the depths of the frunk. The brackets are located under the black cover under the trailing edge of the frunk lid just below the LH headlight (ie, in the top of the frunk below the headlight that's in front of the Spyder ahead of a seated rider's left knee - they're on the opposite side to where the frunk light & the 'frunk still open' micro switch is located!)

I don't know why the 1330 RT Spyders after 2013 didn't get those remote battery terminals/posts, but that is what that bracket held, and the frame hasn't had any significant changes since, and without any significant frame changes needed, every RT Spyder since 2013 still scored the brackets! Simples!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-01-2019 at 12:52 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I dunno, I thought that the 'hunt' for their purpose is well & truly over. As has been pointed out earlier, the brackets are for the remote battery terminal block on the 2013 Spyders.

2013 was the year that saw the last significant changes to the frame; before then, the battery was under the seat so there was no need for those brackets & they aren't on the earlier models. But along came 2013 & the new frame with those posts/brackets, which were put there to hold the remote battery terminals, basically so you didn't have to open up the battery case that's down in the depths of the frunk. The brackets are located under the black cover under the trailing edge of the frunk lid just below the LH headlight (ie, in the top of the frunk below the headlight that's in front of the Spyder ahead of a seated rider's left knee - they're on the opposite side to where the frunk light & the 'frunk still open' micro switch is located!)

I don't know why the 1330 RT Spyders after 2013 didn't get those remote battery terminals/posts, but that is what that bracket held, and the frame hasn't had any significant changes since, and without any significant frame changes needed, every RT Spyder since 2013 still scored the brackets! Simples!
    Valid argument but why are they on a different model that wasn't made until two years after? They exist on both my F3s and F3t series as well.

CJ Jax

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zuni View Post
    Valid argument but why are they on a different model that wasn't made until two years after? They exist on both my F3s and F3t series as well.

CJ Jax
    They are on all the Spyder models made after 2013 - BRP haven't changed the frame significantly since then so instead of making a fairly expensive design & tooling change just to delete a couple of superfluous brackets, they are still there & all models get them! This is something that happens a whole lot in the automotive industry & many other industries that manufacture similar things, & BRP isn't any different or doing anything different to all the other manufacturers in this, they are saving the $$ by not making needless changes until there's a big enough reason to actually make the change worthwhile! I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were other brackets somewhere on the frame that aren't still being used as well....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-01-2019 at 07:03 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    That's kinda what I was hoping to find out. Interesting about the jump start.
    This has been brought up in the past, and I believe someone had posted that it is a bracket the factory uses when building it. To move that portion of the Spyder from station to station.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!