Spyder Garage

Default Panel Rattle, Parking Brake Rattle, Etc.

Hi all!

To preface, I do not have my Ryker.....yet. I'll be picking one up on March 12th. I am infatuated with the thing, so have been soaking up any content I can get my eyes and ears on. I'm also making a list of items to purchase before the Ryker arrives that can remedy some of the issues listed within this video:

It has me thinking of ideas to resolve the issues, or wonder if someone is planning on making items to remedy these issues.

For panel rattle, has anyone tried any of the rubber gasket/trim that you can see on wide-body kits on cars?
    IE - something like this?

Has anyone figured out how to alleviate the parking brake issue?

I was absolutely shocked to see that the sway bar linkage is plastic. I would imagine it's only time until a third party comes out with some aluminum/metal say bar linkage, or due to ignorance, maybe ones for the RT, F3, etc. will already fit?

I can't wait to join y'all on March 12th!

Spyder Garage

Interesting video. I currently have 600 miles on my Rally model and have not noticed any parts "looseness"" as shown in the video. On the contrary, both of my filter covers are rock solid. May just be manufacturing tolerance. I also have not noticed any buzzing or rattling. I do get substantial wind noise around the screen.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

No such problems here

Spyder Garage

500 miles, no rattle no pop and no squeak. I have noticed some negative commnets about the Ryker, usually from folks who don't own one. At the end of the day they are hotrods and as such they are not expected to be luxury sedans. I am having so much fun riding the thing I don't notice anything but the taste of the wind and the feel of the road. Get it ride it and enjoy it.

Spyder Garage

I also have a few rattles , but once over 20 mph you don't hear them anymore ....and the fun factor is so high they don't bother me at all .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The spyders have been all plastic since 2008. Spyder, Ski-Doo, Sea-Doo, ATV's.......They are all plastic....nothing new there. The swaybar links on my Spyder and Ski-Doo are plastic. 35,000 miles on the pair and no issues with them yet.

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for your responses!

May came sooner than expected. The wife suggested we go get it today. Proud new owner of a Ryker 900. Although, it still has to be built

Spyder Garage

After the first day of riding it...u will know u made the right decision and waiting till may was crazy, lol...congrats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by njfishfan View Post
    After the first day of riding it...u will know u made the right decision and waiting till may was crazy, lol...congrats
    Thank you!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LoveJiuJitsu View Post
    Thank you all for your responses!

May came sooner than expected. The wife suggested we go get it today. Proud new owner of a Ryker 900. Although, it still has to be built
    Give them a day or two for the build...just so they have the time to get it right.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Give them a day or two for the build...just so they have the time to get it right.
    Thanks for the advice! Honestly, the only reason I have to wait until March 12th to pick it up......is because I don't have a 3 wheel or 2 wheel endorsement. My classes are on March 9th and 10th. Haha. The dealership will have the Ryker in the shop this Wednesday.

With QuasiMotard's videos (and a few others such as in the OP), I've asked them to make sure all fluid levels are where they should be, alignment and proper balancing is done. The only install I have them doing is the $70 two-up rear spring (one hour of labor, and I don't trust myself to install it ). I'll be doing the rest myself. They will have the Ryker for almost two full weeks before I can pick it up. #crossingfingerstheydontfailme

Spyder Garage

Haven’t experienced the issues in this video. Over 1000 miles drives on various road conditions. Ride almost every day in Florida great fun.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LoveJiuJitsu View Post
    Thanks for the advice! Honestly, the only reason I have to wait until March 12th to pick it up......is because I don't have a 3 wheel or 2 wheel endorsement. My classes are on March 9th and 10th. Haha. The dealership will have the Ryker in the shop this Wednesday.

With QuasiMotard's videos (and a few others such as in the OP), I've asked them to make sure all fluid levels are where they should be, alignment and proper balancing is done. The only install I have them doing is the $70 two-up rear spring (one hour of labor, and I don't trust myself to install it ). I'll be doing the rest myself. They will have the Ryker for almost two full weeks before I can pick it up. #crossingfingerstheydontfailme
    If you don't have a spring compressor or access to one having the dealer install the two up spring is a very good call
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tslepebull View Post
    If you don't have a spring compressor or access to one having the dealer install the two up spring is a very good call
    I do not for either Thanks for the reply!