Thread: Aluma TK1

Spyder Garage

Default Aluma TK1

Does anyone use the Aluma TK1 for a 2018 RTL. According to specs there is less than an 1” width clearance. Have not physically measured the bike or trailer. Thanks

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcdeb View Post
    Does anyone use the Aluma TK1 for a 2018 RTL. According to specs there is less than an 1” width clearance. Have not physically measured the bike or trailer. Thanks
    I don't have the trailer ….. but I can help with the narrow width ….. My spyder hauler is my Toyota Tacoma pk-up …. I made a flatbed - then added a metal box on top …. ( see pics in my Albums ) ….. I only have 1.5in clearance …… …. I cured the problem by screwing to the floor a couple of 2x2 in. wood " rails ". they are EXACTLY the inside width of the tires..... it's like what CAR wash machines have …. so far I haven't scraped either fender …. good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

I have the same trailer and it is called or was called Aluma UT-10. I use it mostly for my Can Am Maverick or Polaris Ranger but works well with the Spyder also. Normally haul the Spyder with LOOK enclosed trailer and Super Clamps.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default 1" really tight

One inch going forward is hard enough. You can't really see the clearance sitting in the center of your seat. But try backing up through that clearance while monitoring behind you and it could get risky. If the ramp posted is the one you are looking at, and you have an RT with a bump skid, it's probably going to make contact.
    Like Jack, I loaded lots of toys and have countless times over the years where things didn't load as planned.
    Every trailer I buy for a specific purpose, has at least four inches total clearance on the sides. And even that seems tight when loading up a ramp with momentum and speed.
    Dennis

Spyder Garage

Thanks Dennis. According to specs it is just to close for comfort not unless I am missing something.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. We also have a Tiffin motorhome but take a car with us normally. Do you just take the Spyder on extended trips and not feel the need for a car. I am considering doing that just.

Spyder Garage

I currently have a UT-10. Don't have the exact specs and my trailer and Spyder are stored elsewhere, but there is plenty of clearance on both sides between the fenders (more than 6". I am not sure if the TK1 is the same width. Too lazy to look it all up on Aluma's website.

Spyder Garage

The loading ramp on the tk1 is only 57'. The RTL is 63' to the outside of the front tires. I ordered a tk1 for my 2018 RTL but cancelled due to the ramp being to narrow. The Aluma video shows an F3 which must be narrower than the RT. Instead I purchased an Aluma MC210 which has a wider ramp and my RTL fits on it perfectly.aluma 1.jpg

Spyder Garage

I think that is what I am going with. Any trouble with scraping underneath loading.

Spyder Garage

No scrapping on mine, bit it's only been on the trailer once on a flat level surface.