Spyder Garage

Default where to connect accessories

I have a 2012 RSS and want to connect a gps, cb and accessory lights. Where is the best place to make the power connect for these devices.
    Done all of Canada except NWT and parts of Australia, New Zealand and areas of Europe

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nokesy View Post
    I have a 2012 RSS and want to connect a gps, cb and accessory lights. Where is the best place to make the power connect for these devices.
    I'm not sure about the GPS ( unless it just needs 12v dc ) but I would add a separate fuse block and then use that for power …… Mike

Spyder Garage

I have a 2013 ST. Essentially the same electrical setup as the RSS. My battery is in the frunk.
    As Mike recommended. Installed a separate fused fuse block wired directly into the battery. Set up a relay
    to control the block to be on with the ignition key. The new Fuse block is under the tupperware in front of the seat.
    I run all my accessories into this block.
    Tom Tom GPS, Cree Driving Lights, BMW style socket for Heated gear connection, USB ports, Voltmeter and DIY Grip heaters.

Cheers, David C.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That is the best way to power up your stuff....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    I have a 2013 ST. Essentially the same electrical setup as the RSS. My battery is in the frunk.
    As Mike recommended. Installed a separate fused fuse block wired directly into the battery. Set up a relay
    to control the block to be on with the ignition key. The new Fuse block is under the tupperware in front of the seat.
    I run all my accessories into this block.
    Tom Tom GPS, Cree Driving Lights, BMW style socket for Heated gear connection, USB ports, Voltmeter and DIY Grip heaters.

Cheers, David C.
    Awesome thanks, it is what I was thinking as well
    Done all of Canada except NWT and parts of Australia, New Zealand and areas of Europe