Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster Floor Boards.

Received and installed. Easy job. Beautiful.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

How does the right side deal with the brake pedal when you lift it up to adjust the peg/board distance?

In your pic it looks like the pedal would stop the board coming up.

Spyder Garage

Check out Lamonster's video. It covers that.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RykerUSA View Post
    From LaMonsters other thread on these:

Now that I have them in hand you are correct. This would be the process.

-> Adjust pegs where you would normally ride.
    -> Flip up stock peg and move brake pedal all the way up and lock in.
    -> Remove stock peg
    -> Install new cam over bracket
    -> Cam down with tool to be determined
    -> Bolt up new floorboard or peg

Like any other Spyder or bike you most likely move it one time and that's it. The floorboard gives you much more room to move your feet so it would be better than a peg for that reason. If you think you're going to move it all the time this is not for you.

So there are some extra steps to adjusting these.

Spyder Garage

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RykerUSA View Post
    Nothing against Lamonster, but had I wanted vendor/manufacturer opinion, I would have went to their site.

The good thing abut user forums is to get actual user opinion. Thanks for nothing

Spyder Garage

The reason you were referred to the video is he explains your question in detail. Why would you prefer second hand information?

Spyder Garage

Everything else I have ridden has had foot pegs so my experience is limited. How do the floor boards help and what advantage would they provide; besides looking freaking great!
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gskinner View Post
    The reason you were referred to the video is he explains your question in detail. Why would you prefer second hand information?
    Do you research things you buy or take manufacturer/vendor information on everything?

Microsoft made Windows Vista look good and sold a bunch, but user feedback, rightfully, killed the OS.

Seems this forum may quite close minded and not for me.

Spyder Garage

No, but I do start there. You did ask an operational question that was clearly explained in the video.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WyldCFH View Post
    ..... user feedback, rightfully, killed the OS.....
    And in this case, it's user feedback which is, quite rightly, telling you that the easiest/most comprehensive way for you to understand the floorboard/brake pedal interaction is to watch the vid.

It's not really all that long or difficult to see what's involved on the vid; it's even fairly straight forward to watch, but to explain it properly in text would be fairly long, difficult, & potentially quite misleading due to the various components.... yes, you do have to adjust the brake pedal 'differently' with the floorboards, but it's not as cut & dried as you seem to want it to be! So watching the vid is probably the best & easiest way for you to see exactly what's involved without getting confused or mislead by how it's written or what you read into what's written - cos we'd hate for you to go away with the wrong idea of what's involved.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-22-2019 at 08:51 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    And in this case, it's user feedback which is, quite rightly, telling you that the easiest/most comprehensive way for you to understand the floorboard/brake pedal interaction is to watch the vid.

It's not really all that long or difficult to see what's involved on the vid; it's even fairly straight forward to watch, but to explain it properly in text would be fairly long, difficult, & potentially quite misleading due to the various components.... yes, you do have to adjust the brake pedal 'differently' with the floorboards, but it's not as cut & dried as you seem to want it to be! So watching the vid is probably the best & easiest way for you to see exactly what's involved without getting confused or mislead by how it's written or what you read into what's written - cos we'd hate for you to go away with the wrong idea of what's involved.
    Don't worry, I'm not going away with the wrong idea of the product, just going away

Spyder Garage

Don't worry, I'm not going away with the wrong idea of the product, just going away

Thank you! Your hostility was not appreciated
    2022 F3S, special series , Manta Green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tslepebull View Post
    Everything else I have ridden has had foot pegs so my experience is limited. How do the floor boards help and what advantage would they provide; besides looking freaking great!
    With most foot pegs, you are reasonably restricted in how & where you can place your feet &/or put your weight on the pegs if you ever feel the need - unlike floor/footboards, which will let you move you feet around pretty much anywhere you like but still remaining in contact with the board & being aware of where the brake pedal is; and if you get a bit stiff & sore from keeping your knees in pretty much the same position for a longish (or shortish!) while, foot boards can be a great relief! Plus you can generally more readily stand up on them to ease the aches &/or stiffness that might develop in other parts of your body as & when you ryde for much more than 10 minutes, so foot boards usually make for a more comfortable ryde, especially for those of us with replacement parts &/or old broken bits that really don't like sitting still all the time!!

Then there's the tendency of foot boards to stop the road spray being blasted up your trouser legs as can happen with pegs when you're ryding in the rain; the way the boards make it easier to climb aboard your machine, which is especially appreciated by many rear seat passengers as well as being handy for those of us who are getting just a little bit too rickety nowadays to prop on one leg on a peg while swinging the other leg around at nearly waist height; and then there's the way you can shuffle your feet around the board to keep the blood pumping through your veins instead of cutting any of it off from reaching your toes in the manner most pegs will!

Yeah, I know it might make everyone who uses foot boards instead of pegs sound a little old & decrepit, but however old or young at heart we might really be, we've bloody well paid our dues & if we wanta be comfortable when we ryde, we've damned well earned the right to fit foot boards instead of pegs! Oh, and the boards aren't anywhere near as rough on our comfy loafers either!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-23-2019 at 12:27 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=WyldCFH;1423178]Don't worry, I'm not going away with the wrong idea of the product, just going away

You will NOT be missed!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good grief...................What a total Anal Orifice...........

You definitely will not be missed.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

C'mon people, he asked a question, we tried to tell him where the answer was, he didn't like that so he's gone. No more need be said 'bout that!

So please, let's leave it at that & get back on topic - Lamonster Floorboards on Rykers.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Just a little curious here. On my 18 RTL, if you have to slam on the brakes hard, the floorboard is made to shift down to allow for more brake pedal movement. In the picture above, the pedal looks real close to the new board. Will this new board also move down to allow for emergency braking? I do think this is why the question was asked.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    ............On my 18 RTL, if you have to slam on the brakes hard, the floorboard is made to shift down to allow for more brake pedal movement........
    Rykers don't have that 'drop away for emergency braking' feature, which is why in his vid, Lamont spends the time he does stressing that you hafta make sure to leave sufficient clearance for a heavy brake application.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    So please, let's leave it at that & get back on topic - Lamonster Floorboards on Rykers.
    Agreed. I have a question. Does using the floorboards require more travel from that position to the brake than being on the footpeg? I just ask because it would seem more tiring in stop and go (e.g. commute) riding?
    2019 900 Rally Edition , Black w/Yellow Panels

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTRyker View Post
    Agreed. I have a question. Does using the floorboards require more travel from that position to the brake than being on the footpeg? I just ask because it would seem more tiring in stop and go (e.g. commute) riding?
    You can adjust the brake pedal position separate from the floorboard adjustment so you can make the brake pedal as high as you want relative to the pegs/floorboard.