Spyder Garage

Default Four-way flashers on Ryker ?

some one told me that there was no haszard switch on U.S.A. Rikers is that right.

Spyder Garage

That's right. Flashers go on when in reverse but that's it.

Spyder Garage

Did not know that. Another way to save. Don't use my flashers on the Spyders much if any though.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

The only thing I seem to Flash on my trycycle is a big smile!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Interestingly, motorcycles are not required to have hazard warning lights. This is from the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard, FMVSS 108. Code of Federal Regulations §571.108 Standard No. 108; Lamps, reflective devices, and associated equipment.

S6.6.2 All vehicles to which this standard applies except trailers and motorcycles must be equipped with a vehicular hazard warning operating unit, a vehicular hazard warning signal flasher, and a vehicular hazard warning signal pilot indicator meeting the requirements of S9.
    Since the Feds categorize Spyders as motorcycles it looks like BRP decided that if ain't required, we ain't putting it on. However, according to the Owner's Manual Russian and Australian versions do have the hazard flashers.

The Russians got one up on us????

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

No, they don't have one up, less government intervention if you can believe that!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Interestingly, motorcycles are not required to have hazard warning lights. This is from the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard, FMVSS 108. Code of Federal Regulations §571.108 Standard No. 108; Lamps, reflective devices, and associated equipment.

Since the Feds categorize Spyders as motorcycles it looks like BRP decided that if ain't required, we ain't putting it on. However, according to the Owner's Manual Russian and Australian versions do have the hazard flashers.

The Russians got one up on us????
    Yep we get the parking brake lock, hazard lights, extra lighting......now if we could only get Rykers!
    2014 ST-S , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by glennm View Post
    Yep we get the parking brake lock, hazard lights, extra lighting......now if we could only get Rykers!
    Re: the parking brake. Does Australian law require the parking brake to be capable of actually being locked, or is BRP using the lock as a means to comply with an Aussie law that the parking brake must be made secure against accidental release? In other words, is the use of a key required?

What kind of extra lighting does Oz require?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Not sure if the parking brake lock is required as a theft deterrent and/or in case of accidental release. Normally it would be a steering lock as with other motorcycles and cars and they do not have parking brake locks. Would have to look it up to be certain. If it was an electronic lock I think that would be fine as long as mobility of the vehicle is restricted. Red indicators are a no no out here they must be amber. Also there are requirements for distance apart and height from the road for all lighting. A reversing light is also required as it has a reverse gear and the light must be white. There are wing lights for low beam and the centre lights are for high beam and 4 separate indicators on our model. Regs vary in some cases state to state but overriding that are our Aussie design rules. We do have at times some odd requirements and at times there seems to be knee jerk reactions to anything new until eventually common sense prevails.
    2014 ST-S , Cognac

Spyder Garage

If anyone is interested... a BRP Ryker engineer gave me the part number for the Russian/Australian hazard flasher kit... BRP P/N: 219400932

I plan to order mine next week, but I'm not sure if US dealers can order it or not... we'll see. I checked the BRP instructions site, but nothing was found for that number: http://instructions.brp.com/e-instru...&sku=219400932

--
    QM

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by QuasiMotard View Post
    If anyone is interested... a BRP Ryker engineer gave me the part number for the Russian/Australian hazard flasher kit... BRP P/N: 219400932

I plan to order mine next week, but I'm not sure if US dealers can order it or not... we'll see. I checked the BRP instructions site, but nothing was found for that number: http://instructions.brp.com/e-instru...&sku=219400932

--
    QM
    It might be nigh impossible to find it. Believe it or not a Google search on that part number brings up this thread and a couple of ads, and that is it. One of the fewest hit scores I've ever seen for a Google search!! Even eBay Australia has no hits.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Were you able to order the flasher kit? I want to order the low beam housings if possible.
    2019 Ryker Rally , Black and blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    ........ Even eBay Australia has no hits.
    Not surprising really After all, us Aussies don't need to order the 4way flasher kit, cos it's part of the gear that comes in the crate as delivered from the manufacturer, so by the time we as buyers get to see them, that kit is already fitted on the Rykers! (Well, it will, whenever they eventually get released for sale here!)

I get a funny feeling that this stuff is probly gonna be a 'factory only' kit that you'll hafta buy direct from BRP somehow!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

--
    QM
    Did You get the 4way flasher for the Ryker

Spyder Garage

--
    QM
    I recall a prior post on this topic referencing the Russian hazard kit. I believe it is simply a handlebar switch with instructions on how to splice it into the harness. You might find it if you search the forum on hazards.

The alternative is put the bike in reverse with parking brake on. That will activate the flasher function.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    After looking at the wiring on the Ryker I don't think it will work.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KID Ryker View Post
    After looking at the wiring on the Ryker I don't think it will not work.
    meaning it WILL work?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KyBill View Post
    I recall a prior post on this topic referencing the Russian hazard kit. I believe it is simply a handlebar switch with instructions on how to splice it into the harness. You might find it if you search the forum on hazards.

The alternative is put the bike in reverse with parking brake on. That will activate the flasher function.
    Reverse flasher disabled when parking brake applied.
    -Jimmy

2019 Ryker 900
    2018 Honda Goldwing

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McRuss View Post
    meaning it WILL work?
    sorry better

Spyder Garage

You can buy the kit which is mainly a $60. handlebar switch but the US Rykers are not pre-wired to use it. The instructions with the kit do not apply to US Rykers.
    The wiring diagrams for the US and Intl Rykers also show the US models not wired with the hazard circuit.

The only way is to find a wire/connection on the Ryker to patch it in... maybe in the circuit involving the reverse warning activation...?

I have the kit and sure would like to get it connected...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post
    You can buy the kit which is mainly a $60. handlebar switch but the US Rykers are not pre-wired to use it. The instructions with the kit do not apply to US Rykers.
    The wiring diagrams for the US and Intl Rykers also show the US models not wired with the hazard circuit.

The only way is to find a wire/connection on the Ryker to patch it in... maybe in the circuit involving the reverse warning activation...?

I have the kit and sure would like to get it connected...
    Have you had any luck with the flasher

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KID Ryker View Post
    Have you had any luck with the flasher
    slingmods sell a plug and play 4 way flasher set up at this link ... https://www.slingmods.com/canam-ryke...itch?vehicle=4
    its a little pricy but if it floats your boat ....

Spyder Garage

Last time I looked it was gone. Thank's