Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Bajaron Sway bar

Just installed sway bar on my 2017 F3L
    One hour and 15 minutes and I was washing my hands, if I had a 1/4” ratchet I would have done it quicker.
    I don’t understand the riders who said they could not feel an improvement because I immediately felt the improvement. I tried a road with 45 mph curves and easily ran 65 mph but had to holdback because of the bike in front.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by toolie View Post
    I don’t understand the riders who said they could not feel an improvement b
    You don't understand that not EVERYBODY rides like you do ????
    Really ??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    You don't understand that not EVERYBODY rides like you do ????
    Really ??
    Our experience has been that even very mild mannered, non aggressive riders experience the significant improvement in stability. The bike feels much more 'planted' and stable under you. Never have had customer that could not feel or did not like the improvement. Just lots of big grins.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Our experience has been that even very mild mannered, non aggressive riders experience the significant improvement in stability. The bike feels much more 'planted' and stable under you. Never have had customer that could not feel or did not like the improvement. Just lots of big grins.
    I understand that because I sell these bar kits, my opinion may be suspect. But it is true that you don't have to ride like Evel Knievel to appreciate the improvement this sway bar kit upgrade gives the Spyder. I and thousands of riders will assure you that the improvement is real and covers a wide range of riding situations.

The same guarantee has always been in place. If you are not satisfied with the bar kit, you can return it for a full refund and I will pay the return shipping. Yes, you will have something invested in the install. That simply means that we both have something invested in the process. If you're happy with the bar kit, everyone wins. I and a number of others have invested a great deal of time and effort to make sure you are satisfied.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 02-19-2019 at 07:53 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I understand that because I sell these bar kits, my opinion may be suspect. But it is true that you don't have to ride like Evel Knievel to appreciate the improvement this sway bar kit upgrade gives the Spyder. I and thousands of riders will assure you that the improvement is real and covers a wide range of riding situations.

The same guarantee has always been in place. If you are not satisfied with the bar kit, you can return it for a full refund and I will pay the return shipping. Yes, you will have something invested in the install. That simply means that we both have something invested in the process. If you're happy with the bar kit, everyone wins. I and a number of others have invested a great deal of time and effort to make sure you are satisfied.
    And an awesome product you have Ron. IMO your sway bar with links a must have for any spyder. I felt a lot safer once I replaced mine plus I think the tryke is a lot more fun to ryde too.
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Everything Ron sells will make your spyder perform better. Even the t shirt has a positive effect while riding.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bensonoid View Post
    Everything Ron sells will make your spyder perform better. Even the t shirt has a positive effect while riding.
    I must admit, this is the first time I've heard this one! Just when you think you've heard it all!

Spyder Garage

Default Orange bar option ?

Is the bar still available in Orange (Can-Am red) any more ?? Would love to have one in Orange for my F3-s !
    Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't
    mean the circus has left town.
    - George Carlin

Hollywood, Maryland
    2015 F3S, SE-6
    oem backrest, oem saddlebags, F4 Customs windshield, oem fog lights
    2011 RSS, SE-5
    Handlebar Riser, Heat Wraped exhaust, Power ports int./ext., 23" touring windshield, Led brake lighting strips.

2014 RTL , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Never have had customer that could not feel or did not like the improvement.
    I am not "your" customer but I can't tell any difference in my normal daily riding.

Because the expense is relatively low AND I realize that it might help in some infrequent situations that I might encounter, I see no logic in going to all the trouble and expense of taking it back off.

Spyder Garage

I do not always ride my spyder aggressively, but when I do, I am glad I have a Baja Ron sway bar.

Spyder Garage

Sorry. I would have to test ride a Spyder with the BajaRon swaybar on it and compare it to mine with the stock swaybar. Since that is unlikely to happen, my F3 is staying stock. I just can't blindly replace the stock steel swaybar with a different steel swaybar. I'm holding out. The explanation was given on a different thread. No need to explain here.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Spyder Garage

I just received my BajaRon sway bar. Now I need a lift so I can get this thing installed. I am definitely hoping for a night and day difference like I have heard many say. My Spyder feels very sloppy in the curves and crosswinds.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by deer30084 View Post
    Sorry. I would have to test ride a Spyder with the BajaRon swaybar on it and compare it to mine with the stock swaybar. Since that is unlikely to happen, my F3 is staying stock. I just can't blindly replace the stock steel swaybar with a different steel swaybar. I'm holding out. The explanation was given on a different thread. No need to explain here.
    Come to Spyders on the Bayou, you can get a test ride on a bike with the bar installed.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by deer30084 View Post
    Highly recommended to do a test ride.

I had a customer come to me at Spyderfest a number of years ago thinking that maybe his sway bar had lost some stiffness. He just didn't feel it was handling quite as well as it did when he first installed it. I told him that the quality steel we use does not weaken over time and he had probably just gotten used to the improved handling. I suggested he ask someone with a stock RT similar to his if he could take it out for a spin to compare. People at these Spyder events can be very helpful and willing to do this.

He came up to me the next day saying he'd been looking for me. As an aftermarket parts supplier I tend to expect the worst when a customer approaches with a purposeful look in their eye. He said he was not happy with me and I asked him why. He said he'd taken my advise and found a nice guy who was new to the Spyder world and let him take his bone stock Spyder RT out for a spin. He left it there for just a bit letting me squirm waiting for the other shoe to drop and said; 'You should have warned me! I almost put that guys Spyder in the ditch on the 1st curve I came to riding as I normally would on my Spyder!' Then he started laughing.

He did say that it convinced him that his BajaRon sway bar was still doing the job. He said he returned the favor and let the other guy ride his Spyder as well. Then he said that guy was at the vendor tent getting a BajaRon sway bar installed.

Sometimes it's just All Good!
    Last edited by BajaRon; 02-26-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Spyder Garage

That is a great testimonial for your sway bar Ron - now I'm convinced. But first, I have to learn to ride my F3 that I just bought, then I'll be knocking on your (virtual) door.
    Back when i was doing sport cars, I learned the value of a better sway bar and how well they improve handling.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    That is a great testimonial for your sway bar Ron - now I'm convinced. But first, I have to learn to ride my F3 that I just bought, then I'll be knocking on your (virtual) door.
    Back when i was doing sport cars, I learned the value of a better sway bar and how well they improve handling.
    I highly recommend getting used to your Spyder before installing a BajaRon sway bar. Though some are not happy with the handling of their Spyder right out of the gate. Most are at least satisfied, if not happy with the handling when they first begin riding their Spyder. But as a rider gains experience and skill, they many times begin to realize that their Spyder does not hold the line in curves as well as it should. Get's pushed around in crosswinds and when passing large trucks at freeway speeds. Wallows, leans and dives too much in the twisties. Many describe the experience as feeling like their Spyder is trying to throw them off. Especially the passenger when riding 2-up and loaded with gear. Adding a trailer can accentuate the feeling. Some simply assume that this is just the way it has to be and go on. Others start looking for a solution.

Now I don't mean to imply that somehow this necessarily creates a huge problem. Just that many begin to look for meaningful improvement.

In other words. Someone with more stick time and experience usually experiences more satisfaction with a BajaRon sway bar upgrade than the customer who has had less time to compare the before and after effects.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 04-17-2019 at 05:34 PM.

Spyder Garage

I could'nt be happier with the Anti-sway bar upgrade from Baja ron. Just about all of us who have installed it can feel that it makes a difference in handeling curves and steadiness in the windy conditions. I've put them on both my older Mustangs and now the with great success. Consedering some of the other low quality items BRP puts on its Spyder's ------ a higher strength and larger diameter anti-sway is a great up grade.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Searching for a sway bar, I can across the ************ Performance Sway Bar from *********.com. Has anyone here have any experience with this one?
    https://www.*********.com/canam-spyd...ings?vehicle=1
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

Anyone have experience with the sway bar that Sling mods sells?

Spyder Garage

The billet aluminum links are worth the change out alone. Was shocked at how cheap the plastic stock links were. And btw, I noticed the new bar driving out of the driveway.
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by toolie View Post
    Just installed sway bar on my 2017 F3L
    One hour and 15 minutes and I was washing my hands, if I had a 1/4” ratchet I would have done it quicker.
    I don’t understand the riders who said they could not feel an improvement because I immediately felt the improvement. I tried a road with 45 mph curves and easily ran 65 mph but had to holdback because of the bike in front.
    I installed Baja Ron on my wifes 2015 F3-S and she said that she noticed a big difference.

Spyder Garage

I had an RT sway bar on my F3T from the dealer. The Baja Ron was an improvement over that upgrade.
    2017 F3-T SM6, Intense Pearl Red, SpyderPops Run/Turn/Brake, Baja Ron Sway Bar and Skid Plate, 21 Inch Tinted F4, Signature Light, Tricled LED Headlights Yokohoma S-Drive, Ultimate Tall Boy.

Spyder Garage

I noticed a huge improvement in handling on my 2013 RT-S after installing the BajaRon. I will say, however, my bike still felt like it needed some improving. I found after some research that apparently the 2013 RT has some of the worst suspension. Not adjustable like previous years and smaller springs than the later models. After a bit of contemplating and seeing a new sponsor here on the forum I decided to take advantage of M2 Shocks 40% off and placed my order.

2013 RTS
    BajaRon Swaybar, BRP passenger armrests, JT's GoPro dash mount, Lidlox helmet locks, M2 Shocks, foam grips, Ultimate Seat, Magic Mirrors

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CJ.RamMan View Post
    I noticed a huge improvement in handling on my 2013 RT-S after installing the BajaRon. I will say, however, my bike still felt like it needed some improving. I found after some research that apparently the 2013 RT has some of the worst suspension. Not adjustable like previous years and smaller springs than the later models. After a bit of contemplating and seeing a new sponsor here on the forum I decided to take advantage of M2 Shocks 40% off and placed my order.
    The 2013 RT did come with pitiful shocks. Just upgrading to a set of 2014+ OEM shocks will give you a good deal of improvement in ride and handling. But you're still short the pre-load adjustment which is very useful.