Spyder Garage

Default Zumo 660 gps MISSING SYSTEM SOFTWARE message issue (Solution)

I want to share my experience after tried to update latest available maps from Garmin (thru Garmin express). Everything was ok until the update was completed then I restart the gps and a message pops up right after I turned it on: "Missing sytem software", then it get frozen. Only chance was turn it off or on but always showing the same message. I found a old forum that helped me out so quick, I just followed the instructions and it came back from the death. Here is the forum and post: http://forum.gps-expert.nl/viewtopic.php?t=598
    I tried to check the forums here but I coulnd't find the same problem (maybe I was blind ....). I hope it can help (eventually) if someone else get the same issue.
    2011 Spyder RT-S , Stock None Gray

Spyder Garage

Glad you got it fixed. I had some issues before & while on phone with Garmin tech learned how to do a HARD reboot. Problem there is express failed to back up my unit properly & lost ALL my save data. Month or so later a message appears import new data? & thankfully it was the missing info. No clue how or why just glad it did immeditely found a SD card & transferred the info. Now before new updates I double check & save any favorites to the card & eject it ;then preform update, all goes well put card back in & on about my way. With all the updates there still seems to be a fat finger typo around E Texas.
    You input the address where your standing as a destination & it will try route you bout 6miles in any direction not just Garmin mind you but Google & TomTom too. Funky. Glad the zumo also has dealers phone # most are aware & can guide you from wherever it mislead you to. (what dealers that are left that is)

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights