Thread: 2013 Rt Limited

Spyder Garage

Exclamation 2013 Rt Limited

Hi All I am in the process of changing bushings on my 13 RT Limited 20k miles. During the process I noticed the bolts that hold on the a-arms to the frame are a shoulder bolt which I understand why but the shoulder doesn’t span both frame holes and the end that is threaded allows for some play that the other side doesn’t. I know you tighten these pretty tight but seems like the shoulder should span both holes to eliminate the chance for movement. Any thoughts. Thanks Dave from Pa

Spyder Garage

37F2A95E-4163-4888-8B57-D449598DE775.jpg
    I have a 2013 RT-S. I’m pretty sure they are the same. The bolt should be a standard flange bolt. There should be a chrome plated sleeve that goes inside the bushings. The bolt should not see any wear, but two of mine were worn. Which tells me the sleeve was turning, but shouldn’t. In 2014 they changed to a sealed setup and got rid of the grease zerks. Both my lower rear bushings had play which I think was deformation from pot holes. I looked for oilite bronze bushings but couldn’t find any. I did find some self lubricating delrin bushings that I hope are much better than the junk oem ones. Just search for spyder delrin bushings on ebay. $16 for all 16 bushings, shipping included. Search for self lubricating delrin suspension on the web to find out how good they are.

Spyder Garage

Seems to be $15 for 8 bushings now.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Sorry, try searching for can-am delrin bushings. Same company. The company name is Machined Integrations. Their ebay seller name is machinedintegrations. Their web site is www.customatvutvparts.com. The bushings fit tighter on the sleeves than to oem ones but are very smooth. I am debating whether to grease them or not. Any ideas?
    I also ordered some 10mm shim washers, various thicknesses. I am going to shim the sleeves to fit the frame. Some have over .030" gap between the frame and the sleeve. The frame is pretty thick and I don't think it is clamping the sleeve even with the bolt tight.

Spyder Garage

Thanks
    I used to use delrin bushings at work about 20yrs ago. I couldn't grease them because it could have caused contamination in my chemical reaction.
    However, when I fit them to my Spyder GS A arms I will put some synthetic grease on them as it is a PITA to replace them. The longer they last the better.
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

See the shoulder part of the bolt if it was 1/4 inch longer it would pass through the second frame hole and eliminate the chance for it to move around. I know you would probably need to have washers between the nut nd frame so it would tighten

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    See the shoulder part of the bolt if it was 1/4 inch longer it would pass through the second frame hole and eliminate the chance for it to move around. I know you would probably need to have washers between the nut nd frame so it would tighten
    I like that idea. Please post if you find suitable bolts of an acceptable strength grade.
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

I have the same setup. I ordered all new parts. I just hope it doesn’t happen again. I just bought the bike I am the third owner but found all the maintenance records from both owners which shows all the checks being done.