Thread: Max Mount width

Spyder Garage

Default Max Mount width

Would someone please measure the width of the max mount between the two odd shaped holes for me? I'm planning on fitting a Givi Universal top box base to the Max Mount. I see that there are holes in the mount that I'm sure I can use for the Givi brackets, just curious about the width of the mount.
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!

Spyder Garage

Front hole goes all the way through and is 2" long by 1/2 to 7/8" wide. Rear hole is about 1" by 1" but only about 1/4" deep. Holes are 5 5/8" center to center. FLAT part of mount is 4" in front and 6" in rear and 10" long. My suggestion is you look around for something but DO NOT BUY ANYTHING until you actually get your bike and take a closer look at that mount! Good luck, I know you're going to love the Rally.
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Spyder Garage

I second the notion. Wait until you have the ryker in hand before you buy a givi universal mount.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyuberalles View Post
    I second the notion. Wait until you have the ryker in hand before you buy a givi universal mount.
    Not a problem, I have a Givi Universal 'left over.' It has been on an assortment of bikes but not used lately. It's been sitting on a shelf in my shop for several years, thought I'd put it to use on the Rally. Judging by the pictures I've seen of the Max Mount, I should be able to attach the Givi in at least three if not four places. It is VERY adaptable. Thanks for the measurements, Poli, I can see that the Givi base will fit very nicely!

PS: Mikey, judging by your map, you need to get out more! I assume you are either pretty young or have not been riding a long time (my first scooter was just that, a Cushman, when I was 15, 60 years ago.) I picked up Florida several years ago with a trip to Daytona; it was a blast, camped in the infield at the speedway and watched races and drank beer. Made it downtown but was a little disappointed, was nothing like Sturgis.
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McRuss View Post
    PS: Mikey, judging by your map, you need to get out more! I assume you are either pretty young or have not been riding a long time (my first scooter was just that, a Cushman, when I was 15, 60 years ago.) I picked up Florida several years ago with a trip to Daytona; it was a blast, camped in the infield at the speedway and watched races and drank beer. Made it downtown but was a little disappointed, was nothing like Sturgis.
    I've been riding for almost a month now, not so young though. I'll be 50 this weekend.

Spyder Garage

Believe me, 50 is young! You may not think so now but if you make it to 75, you will look back at 50 as youthful! My daughter turns 50 next year (!) and I'm taking her to Ireland for her birthday (where we have family.)

PS, Happy Birthday! Get out and ride to celebrate!

Spyder Garage

Well turns out I was wrong, again. The mount on the scooter is narrower at the front (where the 'pins' on the mount fit into the box) than the Givi. Not to worry though, time for Plan B. I bought a new knockoff top box and it came with a much better mounting plate that I"m sure will fit on the Max Mount thanks to Poli's measurements.