Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I replaced my X-grip with the techmount, I have been using it for 3 years with no problems. https://www.techmounts.com/products/...one-mounts.php
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by YIRYDE View Post
    I replaced my X-grip with the techmount, I have been using it for 3 years with no problems. https://www.techmounts.com/products/...one-mounts.php
    My dealer sells the techmount but I would like the phone grabbed by all sides like the power grip sold at: https://www.providence-spyder-access...s/show/7275005
    I also want to power it. Lamonster power port looks good but I'm not sold on the xgrip. Just my 2 cents as I am in the market for mounting iPhone 6s Plus between handle bars and powering it. Then I'll still have to put an SAE connector I think to under the seat so I can power my heated clothing that has a coax coming out at the waist. I don't see running a cord up to the lamonster power ports on the steering wheel. So one port under the phone for power is enough.

Just found this ram mount https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-HOL-AP19U that holds on 3 sides with a clip on top.
    It seems like it allows for a better flat surface and less obstructions for your figures to operate. Anybody use this?
    hmmm, Can't use it with another case. Not sure about that.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I stock TachForm

TackForm Logo.jpeg

With out doubt the best safest mount on the planet.
    Call me today and get yours 209-887-3283
    Ride Safe and don't worry about your phone hitting the ground
    Dave

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by XPress View Post
    My dealer sells the techmount but I would like the phone grabbed by all sides like the power grip sold at: https://www.providence-spyder-access...s/show/7275005
    I also want to power it. Lamonster power port looks good but I'm not sold on the xgrip. Just my 2 cents as I am in the market for mounting iPhone 6s Plus between handle bars and powering it. Then I'll still have to put an SAE connector I think to under the seat so I can power my heated clothing that has a coax coming out at the waist. I don't see running a cord up to the lamonster power ports on the steering wheel. So one port under the phone for power is enough.

Just found this ram mount https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-HOL-AP19U that holds on 3 sides with a clip on top.
    It seems like it allows for a better flat surface and less obstructions for your figures to operate. Anybody use this?
    hmmm, Can't use it with another case. Not sure about that.

The Techgrip is very strong and I used it for my Iphone 6 Plus with a case on it. I replaced the fuel and temperature gauges with USB and 12v power sources to charge my phone with a short cable when my phone needed it. I just heard about the Tackform and it looks similar to the Techgrip. I know a lot of Spyder riders that converted to the Techgrip which convinced me when I saw how strong it is. I also like how I have access to the volume controls on my phone since it grips the phone in the middle.
    [B]

Spyder Garage

I ended up getting the spyder cuff with the x mount... I ALSO ordered the TachForm, so I will be able to try each! I will let everyone know my thoughts as soon as I get them in and installed. Thank you all for the suggestions!!!
    2020 Can Am Spyder RT Limited "The Comet #2"

Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Passenger Armrests From Can Am
    Wolo Big Bad Max Airhorn
    Lamonster Top Cuff W/Ram Ball
    Lamonster Power Plate
    Tackform Phone Mount
    Key Cover from Ebay
    Lamonster Mirror Locks
    Ultragard Cover from Lamonster
    Top Grills from Spyderpops
    Garage Door Opener from Spyderpops
    3.5mm Extension from Amazon
    Lamonster USB Cable Holder & Cable
    Foam Grips from Spyderpops
    Tricled Strobe Brake Light module
    Tricled Bag Lights (replace reflectors)
    Tricled Turn/Brake/Run Signals Rear
    Tricled Floorboard Lights
    Tricled Sequential Run/Turn Fender Lights
    Tricled A-Frame Run/Turn Lights
    Tricled LED American Flag Mount & Flag
    Showchrome American Flag
    2020 RT Limited , Says Chalk White, but in person it is much more gray

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FINFAN3DP View Post
    I ended up getting the spyder cuff with the x mount... I ALSO ordered the TachForm, so I will be able to try each! I will let everyone know my thoughts as soon as I get them in and installed. Thank you all for the suggestions!!!
    Let us know how you like the TachForm.
    [B]

Spyder Garage

Just received my Ram mount and X-grip from Lamonster...hope to install this weekend.
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-a...-rs-lamonster/

Also planning on adding one of these soon.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know I've seen video or other instructions on how to route wiring (for my ST) but not finding it...anybody?
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Found the best & Installed on my 2018 RTL with Tri-Axis handle bars.
    Lamonster Approved Phone Holder with 1" Ram Ball Mount SKU:LGA-4018.
    Phone USB Cable.jpg
    Wanted to have access to my S9 phone while plugged into BRP Connect instead of hiding S9 in front frunk. I researched many phone holders to trust a $800.00 phone with and this appeared to be the best. I used this along with LG-3091-3019 Lamonster USB Cable Holder - Cable Holder-Extension Cable / USB Type C, Spyder Cuff w/ drink holder, 2 “ Ram Short Double Socket Arm, and 1” Ram Ball all mounted on Spyder cuff and all looks & functions like it belongs professionally.
    Nice option to have when you need to have phone access for fast pictures or emergency calls.
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FINFAN3DP View Post
    What is the best cell phone mount that wont lose the phone from vibrations or bumps?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ47MlxHSz4
    I have them in stock.

Spyder Garage

UPDATE: I got both, the X mount that came with the spyder cuff from Lamonster, and the Tachform. By far and away I like the Tachform one much better! For starters, you only need one hand to put the phone in and out of the mount. Secondly, no little knobby tabs to come off. Thirdly it just seems to grip the phone tighter. I just attached the Tachform to the Spyder Cuff X mount arm. It works great! Thank you all for your suggestions. Now to install a powerport.... This should be an adventure for sure.

Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Wolo Big Bad Max Airhorn
    Lamonster Power Plate
    Tackform Phone Mount
    Key Cover from Ebay
    Lamonster Mirror Locks
    Showchrome American Flag

Spyder Garage

Mob Armor clamps the phone at the top while two angled brackets hold it at the bottom and sides, then the whole thing fits into a RAM mount. The advantage here is that the Mob Armor doesn't interfere with anything on the phone yet it is holding all sides with an actual clamp rather than just relying on friction or some sort of external rubber band. Unless the clamp both comes loose AND moves upward against gravity, that phone ain't going anywhere. You want to take the phone off for security, just unscrew the top clamp. Everybody has their favorite, this one is mine and what I've seen in this thread hasn't changed my opinion. I am using this with an iPhone Xr inside an Otterbox (a very large phone+case) and it fits perfectly. I put a RAM lock on the whole contraption lest somebody steal the mount itself. https://www.mobarmor.com/SCResult/Mo...t-Marball-1285
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

I bought this phone holder from Dave, I love it! one hand phone install and remove. Grips really well and it does come with the rubber band tether if you feel like you need it.
    2018 White F3 Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We use the RAM X-grip with a ball mount, mounted to our Heli Bar riser plate.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

I got mine from Motorcycle Dave. Nice sturdy mount. Holds my GalaxyS9 very solidly.
    2015 RT S , None Tried one, but took it off. Didn't like it Black and Silver

Spyder Garage

UPDATE: I love the Tachform mount on the Spydercuff, but wasn't all that thrilled with having to connect to bluetooth all the time from the trunk.... Soooooo, i finally bit the bullet, faced my fear of tearing off panels, and decided to run a long 3.5mm wire from the trunk all the way to the spyder cuff.... I also installed the Spydercuff powerplate from Lamonster, that came with a USB power port, and you can pull the power port out of the socket, and plug in your battery tender straight to it! The power port was simple to install, and really works great! Now I have power/sound wire straight to the phone. It is AWESOME! And, now that I know i can take off the panels easy (except for putting back on the mirror), I have a list of mods I want to do. Thanks for all the tips above.

Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Wolo Big Bad Max Airhorn
    Lamonster Power Plate
    Tackform Phone Mount
    Key Cover from Ebay
    Lamonster Mirror Locks
    Showchrome American Flag

Spyder Garage

I have the tackform but be aware it does not currently work on rt. It comes with a handlebar mount so if you don't have exposed bar it won't mount.

Spyder Garage

IPhone X users beware!

I used the Ram Mount with the rubber retainer, and about halfway into my 2 hour first ride with it, the two upper “arms” somehow depressed the two upper buttons on the phone. But, I didn’t know that, nor did I ever know what happens when those two buttons are simultaneously pressed and held. So, when I received a phone call from 911 asking if everything was OK, I apologized and told them I had not called...must have somewhat dialed accidentally. And, since I had my three sons and brother listed as emergency contacts on the phone, they were receiving SOS texts messages, complete with maps updating my location! I never saw their calls coming in for 20 minutes! So, they were talking to each other, and concluded I was in an ambulance, moving down the road! They had even called hospital ER’s and PD’s! After I got home finally put everything together, I felt like the world’s biggest A-hole mom and sister!

So, moral of the story...if you are abducted with an iPhone X, simultaneously press and hold the two upper buttons on opposite sides of the phone. After so many seconds, 911 and all of your emergency contacts will be notified, and hopefully you’ll be rescued in time! If, however, you’re out for a nice scoot thru the countryside, you do not want ANY PHONE HOLDING DEVICE sending out emergency beacons, crying “wolf!” It is VERY, VERY BAD!!!
    2018 RTL , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I have the Spydercuff and it connects to it, no handlebar mount needed.

Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Wolo Big Bad Max Airhorn
    Lamonster Power Plate
    Tackform Phone Mount
    Key Cover from Ebay
    Lamonster Mirror Locks
    Showchrome American Flag

Spyder Garage

Quadlock trued and tried. I use it all the time.
    2015 Canam Spyder F3-S SE6
    Detachable Passenger backrest #219400703
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Blue Ridge Windshield #219400746
    Hood stripes decal kit #219400711
    F3 Idler Pulley #219800431 / Lamonster roller upgrade
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Lamonster F3 bar clamp with Quad-lock phone mount
    Foam Hand Grip Covers
    Tufskinz Peel & Stick Tank Protector Pad (Glossy doomed carbon)

Spyder Garage

What about options to mount a iPad any suggestions I think it’s 11”or 12” screen?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by clfb View Post
    IPhone X users beware!

I used the Ram Mount with the rubber retainer, and about halfway into my 2 hour first ride with it, the two upper “arms” somehow depressed the two upper buttons on the phone. But, I didn’t know that, nor did I ever know what happens when those two buttons are simultaneously pressed and held. So, when I received a phone call from 911 asking if everything was OK, I apologized and told them I had not called...must have somewhat dialed accidentally. And, since I had my three sons and brother listed as emergency contacts on the phone, they were receiving SOS texts messages, complete with maps updating my location! I never saw their calls coming in for 20 minutes! So, they were talking to each other, and concluded I was in an ambulance, moving down the road! They had even called hospital ER’s and PD’s! After I got home finally put everything together, I felt like the world’s biggest A-hole mom and sister!

So, moral of the story...if you are abducted with an iPhone X, simultaneously press and hold the two upper buttons on opposite sides of the phone. After so many seconds, 911 and all of your emergency contacts will be notified, and hopefully you’ll be rescued in time! If, however, you’re out for a nice scoot thru the countryside, you do not want ANY PHONE HOLDING DEVICE sending out emergency beacons, crying “wolf!” It is VERY, VERY BAD!!!
    LMAO....come back and tell some more funny tales, please!
    2014 RTL Platinum