Spyder Garage

Default Trailering Rt with a Alma TK1 Trailer

Any experience with the TK1 trailer for the Spyder. Load/unload, tie down, how does it ride and any concerns I should know. Looks like a quality trailer that could multi purpose. Thanks for any info you have.

Spyder Garage

I just purchased an Aluma TK1 but they had to order it from the factory in Iowa so it won't arrive until Mid April. I had an Aluma trailer several years ago that I used for my Honda Valkyrie and it was a quality trailer, never a problem.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. Hope you get your soon.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcdeb View Post
    Any experience with the TK1 trailer for the Spyder. Load/unload, tie down, how does it ride and any concerns I should know. Looks like a quality trailer that could multi purpose. Thanks for any info you have.
    I've given advice on tying down your Spyder many times ….. This is what the auto transporters of High End cars do ( like Mecum auctions etc. ) they secure the wheels of the vehicles to the floor of the trailer using RACHET straps ( I've seen video's of them doing it ) …. you place a heavy duty strap over the tire IN-LINE with tread...…. the only contact is with the tire so no paint scuffs, no damage to suspension parts, and the vehicle does not MOVE at ALL …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks for that info. It does make a lot of sense. Good wheel chocks on front would you still tie all 3 wheels down.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for that info. It does make a lot of sense. Good wheel chocks on front would you still tie all 3 wheels down.
    Go to my ALBUMS I have pics of my truck where I load my Spyder for long trips ( like Spyderfest etc. ) my wheel chocks are sort of built onto the ramps which are in the trk body …… I actually only strap my rear wheel down to a cradle which is bolted to the trk frame …….. A suggestion for any trailering of any Spyder ….make some 2 X 2 in. strips from a 2x4 ….. about 8 ft. long then screw or attach to trl. floor for the tire width …. when you drive into/onto your trailer the strips guide the front wheels to exactly where you want - put the chock there...…. I only have 1 1/2 inches on each side of my fenders …. I have never scrapped either while loading or un-loading …. I don't even have to steer ………….. It's what every Automatic Car Wash has ……. Mike

Spyder Garage

I was considering the same trailer. Is the ramp wide enough? Any issue with scraping the bottom of the RT while driving on the ramp? Thank you.

Spyder Garage

Good ????? Hope someone can tell us.