Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

No, I have the same comfort seat. The comfort seat has plastic clips that hold it in place. It simply pops on. The stock seat has foam/rubber tabs that hold it in place. You can rip it off, but you risk damaging the seat. To reinstall it, you must lift the pan.

Spyder Garage

The comfort seat looks great but will it hold up to rain and the elements?

Spyder Garage

Hi question: Is the comfort seat thicker? Wife nees to sit up higher. We tried a sheep skin and a air hawk seat cushion, neither were thick enough.
    900 Ryker Wifes

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cheska View Post
    Hi question: Is the comfort seat thicker? Wife nees to sit up higher. We tried a sheep skin and a air hawk seat cushion, neither were thick enough.
    I haven't noticed it being thicker or sitting higher.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcraig View Post
    I haven't noticed it being thicker or sitting higher.
    Is the foam padding better. I'm just Concerned before I spend $300- Is it worth it for a 2-3 hour normal ride???

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Is the foam padding better. I'm just Concerned before I spend $300- Is it worth it for a 2-3 hour normal ride???
    Don't know about foam thickness, but it is more comfortable.

Spyder Garage

I’m waiting for Corbin or Mustang to get one out. BRP foam density is way toooooo soft for any long time spent in the saddle.
    2019 900 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Dealer gave me a Deal ($255 plus Tax) for the Comfort seat and it indeed just snaps in without a problem. Just sat on it and it feels wider without the BIG rear hump but won't know till I ride. Wondering if there is a Market for Used Rally seats as they have about 1 inch thicker foam than the 600/900? The person buying would have to figure how to get the foam tabs in the seat base because it seems you would have to lift the seat pan to do. I see one on Ebay now?

Spyder Garage

Dealer gave me a Deal ($255 plus Tax) for the Comfort seat and it indeed just snaps in without a problem. Just sat on it and it feels wider without the BIG rear hump but won't know till I ride. Wondering if there is a Market for Used Rally seats as they have about 1 inch thicker foam than the 600/900? The person buying would have to figure how to get the foam tabs in the seat base because it seems you would have to lift the seat pan to do. I see one on Ebay now?
    After 8 months on the Rally seat I finally ordered the Comfort Seat on line. The Rally seat was OK for about an hour but my butt got sore after that. I am a skinny build with little between my pelvis and the seat but skin. For me the Comfort Seat was worth every penny and has extended my comfort level to -- well, I don't know yet because I haven't ridden long enough without getting off of it to find my limit. My question is why BRP put anything but the Comfort Seat on it? If you have something that feels that good and instead you deliver it with something that feels as bad as the stock seat, it is a little cruel.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tslepebull View Post
    After 8 months on the Rally seat I finally ordered the Comfort Seat on line. The Rally seat was OK for about an hour but my butt got sore after that. I am a skinny build with little between my pelvis and the seat but skin. For me the Comfort Seat was worth every penny and has extended my comfort level to -- well, I don't know yet because I haven't ridden long enough without getting off of it to find my limit. My question is why BRP put anything but the Comfort Seat on it? If you have something that feels that good and instead you deliver it with something that feels as bad as the stock seat, it is a little cruel.
    They cut a lot of corners to get the price point as low as they did. There is a lot of OEM add on you can buy and aftermarket stuff to get it how you want. That is my issue right now. I just keep getting more stuff. I have already put thousands of more dollars into it and I am about to get the comfort seat. It's a drug Man, lol.

Spyder Garage

That is the first I heard that the Rally seat was better or thicker than the Ace seat. They never advertised it as being better.
    -Jimmy

2019 Ryker 900
    2018 Honda Goldwing

Spyder Garage

For those intending to put the stock seat back on, I have a suggestion/question. Why not just take a couple of those paper binder clips and pinch the foam pad in between them and slip the tabs through the seat pan holes? Then remove the binder clips from the tabs and it should hold, right? Is there enough clearance to do it without raising the whole contraption up?

Spyder Garage

It shows to do that in the shop manual

Spyder Garage

I do not have a shop manual so I couldn't have picked that up from there. I wonder if I had heard something like that from someone that had read it or tried it before? Getting old and can't remember. I haven't removed mine yet, but thought about it a few times. Guess I must have picked it up from someone on here or on Youtube or something.

Spyder Garage

I really don't think the Comfort seat was worth it to me? But it is "enough" better than the Rally that I'm not gonna take it off.
    If the Ryker had a Little bucket like seat like the stock F3 I would be in heaven because the Thing "Ryker" Just Engrosses you Sooo much in the ride that you feel part of the machine!