Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Ryker Comfort seat installation?

Shawn shows lifting front end to install Comfort Seat OTHERS on Facebook say its a 2 minute pop off and pop in job?
    Whats the story and can anyone give instructions from experience OR a short video.
    BRP should have a short video on this like they do for many other add ons!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Shawn shows lifting front end to install Comfort Seat OTHERS on Facebook say its a 2 minute pop off and pop in job?
    Whats the story and can anyone give instructions from experience OR a short video.
    BRP should have a short video on this like they do for many other add ons!!!
    The docs show lifting the upper body module as step 1. That seems like it's more than 2 minutes...

Comfort Seat Step 1.jpg
    2019 900 Rally Edition , Black w/Yellow Panels

Spyder Garage

Default Selling a rally seat

Anyone wanting to sell a stock rally seat ? PM me if you do. 3.15.2015 update: GOT ONE. THANKS
    Last edited by KID Ryker; 02-14-2019 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Selling a rally seat

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking.....

I seem to remember a Smoak video where you have to strap the tank and have a support for the upper section. He said there was a special tool but he used a cut 2x4. He did say it was all fairly easy....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    I seem to remember a Smoak video where you have to strap the tank and have a support for the upper section. He said there was a special tool but he used a cut 2x4. He did say it was all fairly easy....
    Hopefully Shawn will do a video with a "Little More Detail" on the subject- I Love his blog videos.

Spyder Garage

I'd be interested to know if there's more information on this. Just picked up a comfort seat for my Ryker 600. Don't have a shop manual yet...

Spyder Garage

Just put mine one week or so ago. Just grab the back of the stock seat and lift up hard , it will pop off and the new one just pushes on.

Spyder Garage

I just bought my wife a new Ryker Rally this weekend...

Wow, lifting the upper frame/assembly seems a bit ridiculous. You'd need to remove most of the fairing components to do so...

Here's how I installed my wife's seat:
    1. Remove the 2 T20 screws securing the back of the pan to the frame assembly (in the wheel well).

2. Pry up on the back of the pan (by hand) and wedge something in between the pan and frame assembly to create a small gap; do this on both sides.

3. With the pan slightly elevated from the frame, pull off the old cushion; it's held in place by 4 foam tabs that are compressed between the pan and frame.

4. Install the new seat by manipulating it onto the pan and pushing the foam/rubber tabs into the pan holes.

5. Remove the wedges and ensure that the seat feels secure.

6. Replace the T20 screws and tighten them down.

IMHO, this is some horrible engineering. Anyone can remove and steal the seat by forcefully pulling up on it. If the foam were secured to a metal or plastic bracket, it could have been secured from the underneath by screws.

Spyder Garage

I installed the comfort seat, by just pulling up on the back of the original seat, put the comfort seat down and pushed down, basically sat on it with my body weight to make sure the tabs snapped into place. None of this lifting the body up. Took all of about 3-5 minutes and that was including the wife checking out her new seat.

Spyder Garage

I just had the dealer install my comfort seat and the helmet bag/lock. Now, the important question: What do I do with the old stock Rally seat?
    2019 Can-Am Ryker 900 RE
    2019 900 Rally Edition , Black w/Yellow Panels

Spyder Garage

Well, that gives me comfort
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTRyker View Post
    I just had the dealer install my comfort seat and the helmet bag/lock. Now, the important question: What do I do with the old stock Rally seat?
    I'd save it for when you sell the bike. Put the original seat back on and sell the comfort seat by itself. Also, some custom seat shops require the stock pad for their services. Save it in case you want to have a custom seat made.

Spyder Garage

Just wanted to update to this, and say that the comfort seat installation was stupid easy on the 600. Just pull the old one up, and push the new one on. Easy.

Spyder Garage

Yup just pull the old one up and push the comfort in, 2 minutes job.

Spyder Garage

I have a question on this seat installation. I've got a 600 with the seat spoiler attached. Do you need to remove the 2 screws holding the spoiler on before lifting the original seat to install the comfort seat? Thanks in advance.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mugwomp View Post
    I have a question on this seat installation. I've got a 600 with the seat spoiler attached. Do you need to remove the 2 screws holding the spoiler on before lifting the original seat to install the comfort seat? Thanks in advance.
    Mine is a 900 that has that Seat Spoiler, did not have to remove anything...Just pulled up with a good tug.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTRyker View Post
    What I did with my two RT OEM seats. Put one on the shelf in 2012 and the other on the shelf in 2015. Both replaced with BRP Comfort seats. Now that I am in the process of moving...one went out in the garbage today and the other will go out in the garbage next week. No market for used, and the shipping is over $150 to the lower 48. For me...a sunk cost and not worth moving.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I just pulled mine off on wed. to put a airhawk cushion on and when I went to install I can't get it to pop back on. Has anyone done a video on how you pop it back on? I've pushed on it, hammered it with my fist, put my 285 lbs. butt on it and jumped up and down on it and all I've done is rip one of the foam tab off. Tomorrow I will try lifting the pan and going that route. Any advise is appreciated. Farmer54

Spyder Garage

I remember looking at the BRP instructions on line. They used 'BINDER Clips to squeeze the tabs on the bottom. The clips need to be small enough to fit through the holes in the seat pan. Just remove the clips once the tabs are through the holes to expand the tabs
    Current: 2022 CAN AM F3S SS. Manta Green, Route 129 windscreen.

Previous:CAN AM Ryker Rally. Intense black, side case , comfort drivers seat, comfort passenger seat with back r test, wind screen, LED auxiliary lighting.
    2022 F3S, special series , Manta Green

Spyder Garage

I watched the dealer change the seat and they just pulled the stock one off by hand and popped the comfort seat on. 30 seconds tops. They did say it was harder to put the stock seat back on though because the little rubber ears are different on it and don't want to go into the slots.

Spyder Garage

Well I have 1500 miles Now and the Rally seat with sheepskin is OK for 90 miles BUT is the Comfort seat worth it for those of you who have had BOTH??

Is It WORTH the $300????? OR would you have waited for a Aftermarket seat?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have the Rally and it is fine for hours in the seat. Everything else hurts but my rear end. cueman

Spyder Garage

Hey, Sarge!
    I snapped my Comfort Seat on my Rally last night.
    It literally took 2 minutes, and 1 of those minutes was getting my nerve up to just rip the old seat off!
    I went on a 20 minute ride and, to me, it felt quite a bit more comfortable.
    The shape fits my expanding butt better than stock and I like the looks considerably more as well.
    In my opinion it was well worth the $300.

Spyder Garage

Default That's funny

Quote Originally Posted by OregonLAN View Post

Wow, lifting the upper frame/assembly seems a bit ridiculous. You'd need to remove most of the fairing components to do so...

1. Remove the 2 T20 screws securing the back of the pan to the frame assembly (in the wheel well).

2. Pry up on the back of the pan (by hand) and wedge something in between the pan and frame assembly to create a small gap; do this on both sides.

3. With the pan slightly elevated from the frame, pull off the old cushion; it's held in place by 4 foam tabs that are compressed between the pan and frame.

4. Install the new seat by manipulating it onto the pan and pushing the foam/rubber tabs into the pan holes.

IMHO, this is some horrible engineering. Anyone can remove and steal the seat by forcefully pulling up on it. If the foam were secured to a metal or plastic bracket, it could have been secured from the underneath by screws.
    perfect. That's funny, I did this very thing last night, I could have written this myself.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OregonLAN View Post

You must have a different Rally and Comfort seat than I do. No need to remove any screws, just pull the old seat off. The tabs on the comfort seat aren't foam they are plastic. The stock seat seat has foam tabs but not the comfort seat.