Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Has this been resolved? I've been dealing with this issue since the purchase of my F3L in April 2018. The latest software update was completed in July 2019, but there's been no change and my Spyder has been in four times trying to resolve it. Here's my video of the issue to see if what you heard is identical.

What I wrote initially:
    After the latest software update was performed awhile ago, I've noticed in addition to the aforementioned issues that anytime the steering bar is turned left/right, static noise emanates from the speakers while in FM station is broadcasting. I brought in my '18 F3 Ltd to have the dealer service department take a look at this issue plus a few other things of concern. In the meantime I have a brand new '18 RT Ltd on loan which also makes the same identical staticky noise through the speakers when the steering is turned left/right. I've asked the dealer to relay this to BRP because I'm betting more '18 Spyders with the new digital dash cluster likely has this same issue.

>Has anyone specifically only with the '18 or newer model Spyder's (RT or F3's) that utilises the new digital display cluster notice if:
    1) ALL their speakers clip on music's bass points, even while at low volume
    2) the FM tuner signal seem is quite staticky and
    3) volume output has to be turned up nearly 80%+ in order to hear it at speeds above 50mph/80kph?

I compared my '18 F3 LTD radio volume output against a 2017 F3-LTD. On the 2017 I set the volume output (tuned to the same radio station AND using a music streaming device playing the same song) at 30% and then adjusted the 2018 to an equal level output. My Spyder had to be set at 60% to be equal to the 2017. I've tried this also with the 2018 models with my dealer's new floor models against the 2017's and reproduced the same results.

Why would BRP reduce the volume output so significantly for the newly designed 2018 digital display Spyders' where we need to crank the volume output up so high? I've noticed even the bass and mid-range tones in the new models are no where as rich and deep as it was in the former Spyder model year sound systems. BRP has told my dealer they have no intentions of fixing this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Skups View Post
    Update on crackling speakers:

I went to my local Can Am dealer on Saturday, Tampa Bay Powersports, very helpful and friendly. They pulled the serial number, the bike is covered until 3/2020. I was also able to recreate the speaker crackle. I will be dropping it off this Saturday and they will tear into it. They also hooked it up to the computer and did a software update, the selling dealer should of done that before they sold it. The selling dealer also said they did a service on the bike but no record of such service was found through the serial number or software, which from what I understand should of been logged for the bike. Tampa Bay Powersports also is switching the warranty from previous owner to me, these people are great, even though I didn't buy the machine from them! I have almost 1K miles on the Spyder so I'll have them do the first service while it's in the shop. TB Powersports will be my "go to" place, I'm very impressed.
    Last edited by Seattle; 09-08-2019 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Wrong link given
    “Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter and
    those who matter don't mind.”
    ... Dr. Suess

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

2018 F3 Limited - 10th Anniversary Ed , Trickle charger, Gerbing heated clothing Black/Gold