Spyder Garage

Default Radio fuse removal question:

2011 RT manual. Since I don't ever listen to the radio and have removed the antenna is there any reason I can't remove the fuse for it? It appears to be fuse number six under the hood.

The real question is if there is anything else controlled by that fuse? It does not appear so but I thought I'd ask. Will removing the fuse effect any other functions? Anyone have any experience with this? No big deal. Don't really have to do it but I want to. I don't hear well anyhow so it's useless to me. Thanks.
    Ride safe!

2018 Spyder RT Limited

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Looks like the feed out of F6 goes right to the radio module and nowhere else. So, that would be the Radio, XM, CB, GPS, iPod and Intercom functions. So if you are using the GPS, that will be affected. I'm not sure one way or the other if the dash display will just skip over those screens as you cycle through them with the Mode button if the fuse is pulled, or if it will cause some kind of hangup with the display. But, it's not a fatal error. If you don't like what you see, put the fuse back in. I don't listen to the radio either, and the antennas get in the way, but do use the GPS and the weather band on the radio is always nice to have available. Usually use that a couple times a year.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

I actually recommend removing the radio fuse in your case. The screens for the radio functions will disappear from your gage display. The next time you start it up. So less screens to scroll through.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Ok, thank you!
    Ride safe!

2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Mission accomplished successfully. Thanks for the advice Billy!
    Ride safe!

2018 Spyder RT Limited