Thread: Bike Night.

Spyder Garage

Default Bike Night.

Lets say your out on your Ryker and you see a bike night at your local Bar/Restaurant would you pull in, Or keep going bye because the "Real" Bikers will look down on your 3 wheeled "bike". Just asking for a friend

I ask this because in my area in the summer there is a lot of these . And I got poked fun of at work because of my Ryker purchase. I told the guys at work I am not a biker and this is not a bike but they can't seem to understand that.

Spyder Garage

I would have no issue attending a bike nite. Doesn't matter what you drive or ride, there is always someone who can't seem to get over it. I ride all makes of bikes including a HD - I don't care what people think - I'm out to enjoy the ride.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jasons900Ryker View Post
    ... 1) Or keep going bye because the "Real" Bikers will look down on your 3 wheeled "bike". 2) I told the guys at work I am not a biker and this is not a bike but they can't seem to understand that.
    With all due respect, why are buying into the stereotype that a "biker" is one that rides on 2 wheels only. I wouldn't avoid going to the local bike night on my Spyder, which is a bike, just like I wouldn't hesitate going on either of my 2 wheelers. If you don't respect yourself enough to call yourself a "biker", why should anyone else.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've had my RS for 6 years. My buddy bought a $32K Harley a couple years ago. I ride about 4000 miles a summer. He rides about 800. He likes to ride through a couple towns, stop at the restaurants or gas stations and hang for an hour in the parking lot talking about his bike and all the money he spent on it. Then ride through a couple more towns and do it all over again. If that's being a "real" biker then I guess I'm not one

I'd stop in to bike night. If I didn't feel welcome I'd leave. No big deal.

Spyder Garage

I have a spyder not a ryker but it really doesn't mater. I have been to a number of bike nights, bike runs, bike bars and never has anyone said I should not be there. The only time someone said directly to me that my spyder was not a bike was in a Walmart parking lot and it was the cart guy.
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

do real bikers ride harley's or push them?

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing..

The term "bike" originated as a short term for bicycle and we all know that was a two wheeled pedal vehicle. Then there is the unicycle and the tricycle all pedal venicles. Motorcycle is the only true term of a motorized two wheeled vehicle....so all "bikers" are those that have bicycles and pedal around..... I go to bike nights and enjoy them and seeing all the different rydes. Most all of them welcome all types and cannot claim anything as HD, VW and Honda also have "Trikes"... Go have fun and if you should run into a malcontent let the comments roll off like water on a ducks back....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Rider View Post
    With all due respect, why are buying into the stereotype that a "biker" is one that rides on 2 wheels only. I wouldn't avoid going to the local bike night on my Spyder, which is a bike, just like I wouldn't hesitate going on either of my 2 wheelers. If you don't respect yourself enough to call yourself a "biker", why should anyone else.
    But it is not a bike.....it is indeed a trike. It is however you look at it a motorcycle!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Def would attend! Haters gonna Hate! #TeamRyker

Spyder Garage

Again, with all due respect, the terms bike, motorcycle, trike 3 wheeled motorcycle, etc are interchangeable.

Internet search...

A motorcycle, often called a bike, motorbike, or cycle, is a two- or three-wheeled motor vehicle.[1] Motorcycle design varies greatly to suit a range of different purposes: long distance travel, commuting, cruising, sport including racing, and off-road riding.

A motorized tricycle, motor trike, or three-wheeled motorcycle is a three-wheeled vehicle based on the same technology as a bicycle or motorcycle, and powered by an electric motor, motorcycle, scooter or car engine.

Vanderhall Motor Works... When most of us think of three-wheeled vehicles, the conventional trike comes to mind. Commonly referred to as a delta design, it is basically a motorcycle with two rear wheels, and one front wheel.

Along came the reverse-trike, sometimes referred to as a tadpole configuration which also appeared quite early in the development of motorcycles.

So as not to hijack this thread... keep an own mind, accept versatility, ride your "ride" and enjoy life.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Spyder Garage

I Consider myself a biker having ridden HD for years.
    I also consider the Spyder a Bike or as some would say a REVERSE Trike.
    Bottomline, it's all in ones mind set.
    If you follow the code of the rode, then you are a biker

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jasons900Ryker View Post
    Lets say your out on your Ryker and you see a bike night at your local Bar/Restaurant would you pull in, Or keep going bye because the "Real" Bikers will look down on your 3 wheeled "bike". Just asking for a friend

I ask this because in my area in the summer there is a lot of these . And I got poked fun of at work because of my Ryker purchase. I told the guys at work I am not a biker and this is not a bike but they can't seem to understand that.

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

I have never ridden a bike to a bar; because I would have to ride it home after. I have ridden to restaurants with other riders including some on Spyders and intend to ride my Rally to both of my BMW riders clubs. I rode to one of them already and the other members were really excited about the Rally. Considering I ride further to that meeting than anybody else what could they say?
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

It all depends on the situation and your personal comfort level.

I rode with a group for over 10 years that welcomed any bikes. They did a group ride and then stopped off at a restaurant. In the "glory" days...there would be 50 assorted bikes. From HD's to Spyders (thanks to me and the spouse).

Driving down the road...and pulling into a parking lot at a bar or restaurant...is another thing. That can go good or bad.

We did a "by accident" thing about 10 years ago. The spouse and I were on a ride, and wanted to stop at one of our favorite restaurants/watering holes. There were about 10 HD's parked out front. No problem...we parked by them and went in. OOOoooooooooooopps. That bunch was a contingent of the "Hells Angels" and they were dressed up in all their glory and colors. They were in the bar part...we always used the restaurant part. We had our riding vests on that day (some would say "colors").

They gave us a good once over, and we acknowledged them. They left before we did and a couple of them gave the Spyders a good once over look. No harm, no foul. We did feel a little better once they were gone though.

As I said...its all about comfort level. We don't ride with a group any longer. It got dis-organized and political. We still stop off where we want, bikes or not in the parking lot. We interact if invited...but otherwise, keep to ourselves.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-12-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

IMG_3899.jpgIMG_5394.jpghonestly there's this 1 local bar I would not. I know what I have & how I enjoy it. Part of that is don't let ignorance to interfere with my enjoyment. Bike nights sure I'll stop, bike night & alcohol not so much.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    IMG_3899.jpgIMG_5394.jpghonestly there's this 1 local bar I would not. I know what I have & how I enjoy it. Part of that is don't let ignorance to interfere with my enjoyment. Bike nights sure I'll stop, bike night & alcohol not so much.
    In my case that container of flamable liquid is behind the internal combustion egine and I sit on top of it....If it goes...I go straight up like an ejector seat...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    I have a spyder not a ryker but it really doesn't mater. I have been to a number of bike nights, bike runs, bike bars and never has anyone said I should not be there. The only time someone said directly to me that my spyder was not a bike was in a Walmart parking lot and it was the cart guy.
    you should have ask him what was the difference in a shopping cart and a shopping basket. Then you could have seen his face turn pale or just a blank look would have been good

Spyder Garage

I've been riding for 50 years. Never have been and never will be a BIKER. I am a motorcyclist and I ride what I want, when I want, and where I want. Anyone doesn't like me or my machine that's their problem not mine. Life is short and mine is getting shorter, I don't aim to please.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Well said
    2019 Rally , Black on black

Spyder Garage

Our local riding club, which we are members / officers, has many Spyder owners in addition to Harley, Honda, Victory, Indian and Ducati. Variety is a good thing and we have a great time together. Many miles a year. I will say the number of Spyders in the club has risen from a scant few years back to about half the club now. Actually outnumber the Harleys on many rides these days.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Even the Two Wheeled Texans forum embraces the three-wheeled concept. https://www.twtex.com/index.html
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    I've had my RS for 6 years. My buddy bought a $32K Harley a couple years ago. I ride about 4000 miles a summer. He rides about 800. He likes to ride through a couple towns, stop at the restaurants or gas stations and hang for an hour in the parking lot talking about his bike and all the money he spent on it. Then ride through a couple more towns and do it all over again. If that's being a "real" biker then I guess I'm not one

I'd stop in to bike night. If I didn't feel welcome I'd leave. No big deal.
    ...….this makes the most sense ………………. Mike