Spyder Garage

Default Seat. Need to vent....

I have only one complaint so far about my Ryker and that's the seat. HORRIBLE!! Does anyone else not like it. I can only do about 50 miles without my butt hurting. I know Can Am has the comfort seat but at this moment I can not shell out another $299 for it. Can am made everything adjustable for the riders comfort and fit with the bars and pegs moveable. Its only a little better then a hard plastic seat.Ok done venting and crying....For now... lol

I do own 2 other BRP product a 1997 Challenger and a 2017 Spark love them both and seat are nice in those.

Spyder Garage

I've had no problem doing 100 miles at a stretch on mine. Nothing longer yet. I have not noticed any particular discomfort.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Seats in general have been an across the board complaint with BRP Spyders. I have replaced the seats on all five that I have owned. Tried two Corbins, and the rest were BRP Comfort.

I can see the same thing happening on Ryker. The concept called for "inexpensive" everything. The seat is no surprise.

50 miles on an OEM "mush seat" sounds about right for me. Have not heard anything specific yet about the Ryker "comfort" version...so cannot say anything for sure. The "comfort" seats on Spyders...are worth the upline price. Currently about $600.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Try This....

get in touch with Motorcycle Dave (sponsor seller on homepage) He makes gel inserts for other models and may have or will have one for your seat and way way cheaper than a new seat....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

My Rally seat is better than the 900 seat I sat on But I feel the Comfort seat at some point down the road.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wrong seat or wrong BUTT ……. I have owned 3 different types of Spyders …. all 3 seats were fine …. I guess my BUTT is Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect ...………… yours may be ...……………….Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Wrong seat or wrong BUTT ……. I have owned 3 different types of Spyders …. all 3 seats were fine …. I guess my BUTT is Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect ...………… yours may be ...……………….Mike
    Some people have all the luck. My adventure has added almost $3K to the accessories list.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Of ALL the people to have a perfect butt, it just had to be you, didn’t it, Mike ........ I tried the stock, the Cannonball and the Coast to Coast and none of them were comfortable for more than 30 minutes. But then, I bet “my butt’s bigger than your butt”

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Of ALL the people to have a perfect butt, it just had to be you, didn’t it, Mike ........ I tried the stock, the Cannonball and the Coast to Coast and none of them were comfortable for more than 30 minutes. But then, I bet “my butt’s bigger than your butt”

Pete
    ...…….....well there you go Pete you get the …… I sent a member to you ( Martin Slovakia ) about your Wilbers ….. have you spoken to them ???? ………… Mike

Spyder Garage

Air Hawk
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I'm so used to a sports bike seat the Rykers feels plush to me. LOL..

Spyder Garage

Jason a solution could be as simple as a sheepskin cover over it or one of the many gel pads available online to, again go over your stock seat.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Triumphcycleman View Post
    Jason a solution could be as simple as a sheepskin cover over it or one of the many gel pads available online to, again go over your stock seat.
    https://www.amazon.com/Medium-Sheeps...39152870&psc=1
    I have an Old medium worn butt pad on mine but will probably buy a New Black Medium ButtPad- They do work and unlike the airhawk one I used to have you don,t have to fool with the air pressure and sun exposure stuff.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The title of the thread is "need to vent".......but then your post refers to "uncomfortable".

While they might be related, those are really two different things.

A LOT of people recommend sheeps skin for ventillation and sometimes it helps with "butt cramps" too......but likely not......because the seat shape and position will still be similar.

Spyder Garage

I believe his Venting is more in line with a gripe about the seat, not venting his butt.

Spyder Garage

Another issue for me, back in my pre-hip surgery days. I also have sheepskin gel and Air Hawk seat pads. I would use one or the other and sometimes both...depending on the pain of the day. This enabled me to get in plus 100 mile rides if I desired. Your answer may be as simple as adding a pad.

Happily, since the hip surgery, I no longer have need for either flavor of seat pad.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jarvis View Post
    I believe his Venting is more in line with a gripe about the seat, not venting his butt.

English is a wonderful language.......sometimes.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I hated the seat when I test drive one. I felt like the seat needed tobe a few inches rearward

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622