Spyder Garage

Default Russel seats group discounts.

Rumor has it that Russel seats is gonna run their 25% off group buy again starting in Oct/Nov. By group they mean 50 people.

While I really like the Corbin, this might be of interest to some.

I believe you must send your seat to Russel for the conversion.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Rumor has it that Russel seats is gonna run their 25% off group buy again starting in Oct/Nov. By group they mean 50 people.

While I really like the Corbin, this might be of interest to some.

I believe you must send your seat to Russel for the conversion.
    A number of us did this last year (at least 3 or 4 SpyderLovers for sure). If it works the same as last year, this is what happens....

Send in your Russell seat order during the group buy period and state that you are part of the group buy on the order form.

They send you a build date (anywhere from Oct. - Jan. or so, depending on where you fall into their queue).

You take your Spyder seat or a spare seat and send it to them, UPS ground, one week before your build date.

Your seat has the foam replaced and recovered to your specs. and is sent back to you.

You are without your Spyder seat for 2 - 3 weeks total for the rebuild and shipping time. If you get a spare Spyder seat to send in for the rebuild, you aren't without a seat at any time.

dltang and I got a spare seat from daddydarko, who had bought a Corbin seat. We sent that one in for her Russell rebuild. My seat build time was about one or two weeks after hers. Her Russell seat came back, we installed it, put her seat back in the box and shipped it to Russell for my seat rebuild, got my Russell seat about two weeks later, and sold my stock seat to another SpyderLover who was getting his seat rebuilt in the coming months.

As far as the group discount numbers go, they are looking for 50 people around the country to buy their seat upgrade. You don't have to be part of any special group or put together a group of 50 on your own to get the discount. Just put down that you want to be a part of the group buy and you're eligible for the discount. They need 50 or more orders to give the 25% discount. If they don't reach that number (they have exceeded 50 orders for at least the past few years), the group buy discount is somewhat less. I think it was 15% off if they had 30 - 49 orders and 10% off if they had less than 30 orders. Seems to me they reported 80 group buy orders last year so we got the full discount on a very nice seat.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    A number of us did this last year (at least 3 or 4 SpyderLovers for sure). If it works the same as last year, this is what happens....

Send in your Russell seat order during the group buy period and state that you are part of the group buy on the order form.

They send you a build date (anywhere from Oct. - Jan. or so, depending on where you fall into their queue).

You take your Spyder seat or a spare seat and send it to them, UPS ground, one week before your build date.

Your seat has the foam replaced and recovered to your specs. and is sent back to you.

You are without your Spyder seat for 2 - 3 weeks total for the rebuild and shipping time. If you get a spare Spyder seat to send in for the rebuild, you aren't without a seat at any time.

dltang and I got a spare seat from daddydarko, who had bought a Corbin seat. We sent that one in for her Russell rebuild. My seat build time was about one or two weeks after hers. Her Russell seat came back, we installed it, put her seat back in the box and shipped it to Russell for my seat rebuild, got my Russell seat about two weeks later, and sold my stock seat to another SpyderLover who was getting his seat rebuilt in the coming months.

As far as the group discount numbers go, they are looking for 50 people around the country to buy their seat upgrade. You don't have to be part of any special group or put together a group of 50 on your own to get the discount. Just put down that you want to be a part of the group buy and you're eligible for the discount. They need 50 or more orders to give the 25% discount. If they don't reach that number (they have exceeded 50 orders for at least the past few years), the group buy discount is somewhat less. I think it was 15% off if they had 30 - 49 orders and 10% off if they had less than 30 orders. Seems to me they reported 80 group buy orders last year so we got the full discount on a very nice seat.
    What is the price and what does it look like and padding ???

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I talked to them yesterday and asked about the group buy. He wouldn't commit to doing again this year but didn't acknowledge they have done it every year for the past several. Right now they are taking orders for August build. I think I'm going to look at the BRP seat before ordering and by then it may be for the group buy. $100-$200 discount is not to be sneezed at. You can do everything on line except send the seat. They don't even require a deposit when you order. Pay for it when it's ready to ship.
    You can check their prices etc. www.day-long.com/
    Dick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vt228 View Post
    What is the price and what does it look like and padding ???
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...42&postcount=1

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...0&postcount=22

Each one was close to $600, very comparable to the Corbin seat price.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...42&postcount=1

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...0&postcount=22

Each one was close to $600, very comparable to the Corbin seat price.
    That $600 cost was not the cost of the seat, that was the cost we paid including the shipping and we each bought a seat cover as well. For instance, I got leather inserts for a Solo seat which regularly runs $580 with 25% off that brings it down to $435 for the seat. Shipping was about $60 each way, now I am up to $555 and my rain cover was $40 so now we are up to $595 and the seat is built for me with a guarantee. I love it.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

So they run about the same price as the Corbin (about $100 more than the BRP touring seat). I bet every BRP touring seat they have made is already spoken for---- so Corbin and Russel should still keep busy----