Howdy Spider world
Just removed and reinstalled the seat on my 18 RTL to install a drivers backrest. Was wondering if the Marquis de Saud was involved in designing how it attaches? Removing was a breeze, but reinstalling was frustrating to say the least. First of all the seat re-install was designed for people with tiny hands, secondly, the metal sleeves inside the 2 rear tabs of the seat want to slide out if not kept perfectly horizontal, not to mention trying to re-insert the 2 nuts into the plastic sleeves of the frame, hold them there and trying to align the bolt, metal sleeve, plastic holder and lock nut while holding the seat up (I finally used a short 2 x 4 for that) and squeezing the life out of my 2 hands in that cramped space. Careful now and hold on tight, cause if you drop one of those nuts, it finds it's way into the spider world deep in the depths of Gracie. Been working on vehicles of all types for the past 55 years and found this to be one of my fiercest battles. Looking to find any tips that those of you before me have used to overcome some, most, all of these challenges.

Thank you in advance for your wisdom.