Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for responding Ann. ( My Wife’s Name is Ann, BTW, but she’d smack me if I called her a Spyder. HaHa. How much did you sell your Spyder for, when it had 118,000 miles on it? I have always wondered Who, or what Companies buy high mileage Spyders. I have suspected they might be bought by Asian Countries? If I do buy a B.E.S.T. 3 year Policy for my 2016 RT Limited, I would expect to have about 35,000 miles on it when I buy it, and don’t expect to log any more than 12,000 a year there after, and only ride One Up, so that would be 47,000 miles at end of Year One, 59,000 miles at end of year 2, and 71,000 at end of year 3, the end of my B.E.S.T. Policy. Do you remember using your Wuarentee any time before 70,000 miles? I know that would be a No Brainer on a 2013 and before 998, but the 2014 1330s and up are much less problematic, as my 2012 RT Limited would still be my Ride, had I bought the Xtended Waurentee, but I didn’t , and could no longer risk keeping it at 55,000 miles after paying the last repair bill of $1300 for a Compressor and Air Bag. Had I kept it, it would now have 86,000 miles on it, and I would have $19,000 more Dollars in my Bank Account. ( what I paid out the door for the Trade on my 2016 RT. ) thanks.
    007James

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I had the BEST on my 14 RTS SM-6 and at 118,000 miles the clutch output shaft bearing went out, this repair required that the engine be pulled and would have been very expensive if I had to pay for it. It cost me only $50. And when I sold my bike with 123,000 miles on it there was still 1 1/2 years of coverage remaining.

Every repair that I needed on that RT and on my 10 RT were covered under BEST with no issues, and no one has ever accused me of practicing ‘normal wear and tear’ on a Spyder.
    2016 RT Limited , Black & Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Having heard about this warranty, can you buy it after the fact? We have a 2013 RTL runs like a champ but after reading posts etc. about problems that are covered just wondering if I can purchase one for our ride 6 years later, Thanks Guys
    Dave
    2013 RT Limited
    Lamonster FBB with larger gripper pegs
    Value Accessories dah mount
    Custom Dynamics High Mount brake light
    BRP passenger arm rests

Spyder Garage

Dave, no, you can not buy the B.E.S.T. Warranty once your initial Factory Waurentee has expiried. ( to my knowledge).
    But there may be other After Market Warranties vailable, but as shown in this Thread, good luck with any of them!
    007James

Quote Originally Posted by Fire34 View Post
    Having heard about this warranty, can you buy it after the fact? We have a 2013 RTL runs like a champ but after reading posts etc. about problems that are covered just wondering if I can purchase one for our ride 6 years later, Thanks Guys
    Dave

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 007james View Post
    Thanks for responding Ann. ( My Wife’s Name is Ann, BTW, but she’d smack me if I called her a Spyder. HaHa. How much did you sell your Spyder for, when it had 118,000 miles on it? I have always wondered Who, or what Companies buy high mileage Spyders. I have suspected they might be bought by Asian Countries? If I do buy a B.E.S.T. 3 year Policy for my 2016 RT Limited, I would expect to have about 35,000 miles on it when I buy it, and don’t expect to log any more than 12,000 a year there after, and only ride One Up, so that would be 47,000 miles at end of Year One, 59,000 miles at end of year 2, and 71,000 at end of year 3, the end of my B.E.S.T. Policy. Do you remember using your Wuarentee any time before 70,000 miles? I know that would be a No Brainer on a 2013 and before 998, but the 2014 1330s and up are much less problematic, as my 2012 RT Limited would still be my Ride, had I bought the Xtended Waurentee, but I didn’t , and could no longer risk keeping it at 55,000 miles after paying the last repair bill of $1300 for a Compressor and Air Bag. Had I kept it, it would now have 86,000 miles on it, and I would have $19,000 more Dollars in my Bank Account. ( what I paid out the door for the Trade on my 2016 RT. ) thanks.
    007James
    I sold it for $10,000 to a 70 year old woman who had broken her wrist and could no longer pick a motorcycle up off the kickstand. I think I had two claims between 50,000 and 70,000 miles but I can’t say for sure. Since I know I am a high mileage rider I will always buy an extended warranty for resale purposes. (But on my 14, I didn’t even pay for the warranty, they gave it to me as compensation for my 13 fire)

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I bought the three year BEST warranty. I used it to replace 2 speakers, one compressor, one ACS switch, one windshield motor (broken windshield arm) replaced purge valve and the front nose piece from peeling paint. I think thats about it. BEST was $700.00. It paid for itself for me. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

When I took delivery of my new 2019 F3 Ltd last month (Jan 2019) the Can Am dealer quoted me over $1800 for the three-year B.E.S.T. warranty. I didn't bite on that one. I've looked online as many have suggested and have found much lower prices but with the stipulation that those prices are not valid in Florida! Have no idea why. Ran into the same situation when I bought an extended warranty for my Goldwing. I've yet to shop around to other Florida Can Am dealers so that's next on my list.
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I still currently own a Goldwing F6B and remember other GW owners on the forum having the same problem in Florida but I can't remember why. cueman

Spyder Garage

In my humble opinion, an extended warranty usually makes a good deal bad. The manufacturer is betting you won't use it, therefore, free money for him/her, and you are hoping you don't have to use it. I always say no. In my advanced age, I haven't been wrong yet......concerning whether or not to buy a warranty that is.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Spyder Garage

I’m seriously thinking about purchasing a BEST extended warranty as well for mine. Peace of mind makes it worthwhile for us...
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Spyder Garage

My original warranty doesn’t expire until mid-June of this year but I figured I might as well go ahead and get another 36 month on top of that just to give me the extra peace of mind if nothing else ..! I’m glad I did it. Now just Ryde and enjoy ....
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Spyder Garage

I haven’t bought it yet, as I have until mid Sept. to decide. I am having a hard time deciding. At the lowest price quoted for the 3 year Policy, I could buy 2 sets of Tires, installed, or 3 Oil and Filter changes and a Battery thrown in, or Brake Pads, and lots of other non covered wearable parts I KNOW I will need. Thinking ahead, now that I also have a Harley, and will most likely be riding that the most, from May thru Mid Oct., I doubt I will be logging any more that 10,000 miles a year Max., on my Spyder, so the Waurentee would buy me a 30,000 miles Peace of mind. I am using Mobil One Full Synthetic Motorcycle Racing Oil, and changing it every 10,000 miles, so I really don’t anticipate any major Engine or Tranny problems.
    Considering the large number of Members and Guests that read this site, only one has reported major engine problems, and one Tranny problem that used the Waurentee, plus a few more odds and ends that was a wash out, on Policy cost. I think most of the problems occurr within the first two years of Ownership, and are covered by the Factory two year Waurentee, such as the Sprocket Failures, and certain Sensors, etc. but over all, my 2016 RT Limited now has 31,500 miles on it, and is running great. So, my present thought is, if I was looking to buy a used 2016 RT, say around 2020, when mine will have about 40,000 miles on it by that time, and if I buy the 3 year Xtended Waurentee, it would have 2 years left. Now if I was a Buyer and saw mine, as compared to any of the many available RTs with 10,000 miles or less, with out an Xtended Waurentee,...well, its a no brainer which one I’d choose to buy, as I suspect every Reader here would choose the uninsured low mileage Spyder. ( assuming asking prices were similar) .

Quote Originally Posted by Dmetcalf View Post
    My original warranty doesn’t expire until mid-June of this year but I figured I might as well go ahead and get another 36 month on top of that just to give me the extra peace of mind if nothing else ..! I’m glad I did it. Now just Ryde and enjoy ....

Spyder Garage

I'm several months late on this thread, but . . . when I bought my 2013 RT LTD, new, in 2013, the dealership wanted almost $1600 for the B.E.S.T., so I passed. Then, I discovered, through this forum, that I could buy from any dealer, not just where I bought my Spyder. I searched around and ended up getting a three year BEST from Bert's MegaMall for $859. I even called the dealer where I purchased, told them what I could get it for and asked for a better price - they still wanted the originally quoted price, so I went with Bert's.

Through the years, it ended up paying for itself - the biggest ticket item being the left hand grip instrument cluster - the signal lights would not turn off, automatically, and the warranty replaced the entire thing, minus my $50 co=pay.

If I wear out my 2013 RT before I wear out, and get another Spyder, I will definitely get the BEST for it.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

I bought the B.E.S.T. 3 year extended Warrantee about a week ago. My Dealer matched my best price. Since they will continue doing all my Spyder Service and repairs, as long as I still live here, ( been here 9 years, with no plans of moving), so they matched my best Price. After having 2 front Sprocket Failures, no telling when another will happen. Hopefully, if it does, it will happen before my 3 year Ext. Warrantee expires.
    007James

Quote Originally Posted by Dan McNally View Post
    I'm several months late on this thread, but . . . when I bought my 2013 RT LTD, new, in 2013, the dealership wanted almost $1600 for the B.E.S.T., so I passed. Then, I discovered, through this forum, that I could buy from any dealer, not just where I bought my Spyder. I searched around and ended up getting a three year BEST from Bert's MegaMall for $859. I even called the dealer where I purchased, told them what I could get it for and asked for a better price - they still wanted the originally quoted price, so I went with Bert's.

Through the years, it ended up paying for itself - the biggest ticket item being the left hand grip instrument cluster - the signal lights would not turn off, automatically, and the warranty replaced the entire thing, minus my $50 co=pay.

If I wear out my 2013 RT before I wear out, and get another Spyder, I will definitely get the BEST for it.

Spyder Garage

I bought the 3 year BEST extension for a total of 5 years. Hope I never need it (again).
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Are you certain it was B.E.S.T. 5 year Extension you bought? BRP told me that 3 years Extension was the Maximum, B.E.S.T. in addition to the 2 year Factory Warrantee, so 5 years would be the Max. BRP offers. But there are other, After Market, Extended Warrantees, like those sold by Western for about $1000 for 5 years. But after doing my Due Diligence Internet Research on the After Market Warrantees, I decided to go with B.E.S.T., mostly because of positive reviews by experienced Spyder Owners here. Many Spyder Owners are still deciding which way to go, if they buy Extension Warrantees. Until BRP solves the Front Sprocket Failures on the Fs and RTs, permanently, risking going with out the Extension Warrantee is really tempting Fate.
    007James

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    I bought the 3 year BEST extension for a total of 5 years. Hope I never need it (again).

Spyder Garage

Are you certain it was B.E.S.T. 5 year Extension you bought? BRP told me that 3 years Extension was the Maximum, B.E.S.T. in addition to the 2 year Factory Warrantee, so 5 years would be the Max. BRP offers. But there are other, After Market, Extended Warrantees, like those sold by Western for about $1000 for 5 years. But after doing my Due Diligence Internet Research on the After Market Warrantees, I decided to go with B.E.S.T., mostly because of positive reviews by experienced Spyder Owners here. Many Spyder Owners are still deciding which way to go, if they buy Extension Warrantees. Until BRP solves the Front Sprocket Failures on the Fs and RTs, permanently, risking going with out the Extension Warrantee is really tempting Fate.
    007James
    I may be wrong, but I thought that BEST and the original BRP warranty were one and the same. OEM from BRP is 2 years, BEST simply continued on with BRP factory coverage for an additional 3 years. Is this not right? I thought BEST came from BRP.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals

Spyder Garage

I bough the B.E.S.T warranty 3 years ago, before the manufactures warranty expired.

My B.E.S.T warranty expires this month. I have not used the B.E.S.T warranty.

I have a 2014 RT SE6.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    I bough the B.E.S.T warranty 3 years ago, before the manufactures warranty expired.

My B.E.S.T warranty expires this month. I have not used the B.E.S.T warranty.

I have a 2014 RT SE6.

Deanna
    Ms Deanna,

I think these Spyders have a very specific set of faults, and some of them get none, some get more. I also think that the faults will generally manifest early on, but that may not always be the case. I also know if you have it repaired at a dealer it's astronomically expensive. I also hear of some online dealers selling at a great discount, so the peace of mind is great. I think (hope!) I've got mine all ironed out, taking the bike on a 400 mile shakedown tomorrow.
    h0gr1der

Spyder Garage

Yes, now you got it figured out right. Two years original Factory Warrantee, plus optional 3 year B.E.S.T. Extended Warrantee, which adds up to 5 year Max. all Can-Am Warrantees that must use Authorized Spyder Dealers to do the work. ( unless negotiated other wise.)
    007James

I may be wrong, but I thought that BEST and the original BRP warranty were one and the same. OEM from BRP is 2 years, BEST simply continued on with BRP factory coverage for an additional 3 years. Is this not right? I thought BEST came from BRP.

Spyder Garage

2018 RTL - No way would I go w/o an extended warranty. Sure, the expense is a gamble, but the peace-of-mind is priceless.

Spyder Garage

Were it not for BEST, my 2015 F3 would be in the landfill by now. The cost to repair was more than the bike was worth. BRP covered it with a complete new powertrain. They did not hesitate to cover it. I was quite amazed at how smooth it went considering the costs involved.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I have found that factory extended at time of purchase to be a great bargain.
    But remember the normal service department you will be dealing with and how are they towards customers.

Spyder Garage

Ms Deanna,

I think these Spyders have a very specific set of faults, and some of them get none, some get more. I also think that the faults will generally manifest early on, but that may not always be the case. I also know if you have it repaired at a dealer it's astronomically expensive. I also hear of some online dealers selling at a great discount, so the peace of mind is great. I think (hope!) I've got mine all ironed out, taking the bike on a 400 mile shakedown tomorrow.
    Good luck
    Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Spyder Garage

Yes, now you got it figured out right. Two years original Factory Warrantee, plus optional 3 year B.E.S.T. Extended Warrantee, which adds up to 5 year Max. all Can-Am Warrantees that must use Authorized Spyder Dealers to do the work. ( unless negotiated other wise.)
    007James

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2 things come to mind.

One
    I don't know what the difference is in the US, but hear in Australia our Consumer Protection Agency rated 99% of the extended warranties as "Junk Policies". You rightly point out the same concerns that the Consumer Agency pointed out, that many were to vague in the policy when you needed to make a claim, but specific in the areas that granted the Contract issuer could decline the claim. If you have a similar agency in the US perhaps give them a call and get an opinion.

Two
    I bought a new 2017 RTL which came with a 3 yr factory warranty. There have been times I wished I didnt have the warranty, usually when one of the dealerships kept chanting "that'll void your warranty" for everything except inflating the tyres , but the warranty work that has been done to date on mine has been expensive (intermittently failing park break solenoid - 2 weeks to Identify and fix, failed ball joint - 4+ weeks to identify and fix).

Um think I might have made matters worse for you
    2017 RTL , White