Hi All,
I have 6 months left on my BRP Factory Waurentee, and keep changing my mind on whether to
Purchase the B.E.S.T. Three year Extended Waurentee or not. I have read the Threads that I can find here, but can not make up my mind. I have read the small print on the BEST Contract, about what is covered, and what is NOT covered, and what scares me the most are the two words under what’s covered are,..NORMAL ” Wear & Tear.” To me, those two words indicate that some one has to determine if the repair is not covered because of some part involved with the failure has been worn by normal Wear & Tear. My 2016 RT Limited will have about 35,000 miles on it, when my Factory Waurentee expires, so to me, at least, there will be lots of “ Wear & Tear” on lots of parts on my Spyder! There are so many parts listed in the Contract that are NOT covered, that it appears that if my Spyder suddenly just quits in the middle of no where, and has to be trailered to the nearest BRP Dealer for Diagnoses, and several hours of Labor has first be done to even remove the engine and split the Case , to let’s say, replace the drive shaft that the Sprocket/ Pulley failures have worn and twisted the splines on, that couldn’t such a failure be considered “ Wear & Tear” ? Many Sprockets have already been changed on the drive shafts, including mine, which have been reassembled with out removing the engine shaft, so could very well fail again. So would certainly be a Wear & Tear part to be refused. There are so many parts not covered, that at 35,000 miles, it hardly seems worth the bother to buy Insurence that will need a Professional Negociator to argue getting the repair covered every time. There are other Extended Waurentess sold by Dealers as well, such as Western Service out of California, that sells 5 year Waurentees, that have the same long list of parts not covered in their Contracts, plus have very poor Customer Reviews on the Internet. Let’s face it. The Extended Waurentees are Insurence Policies, and Professional Insurence Adjusters are paid to negociate paying as little as possible to Policy Holders asking for payments.
So, I would appriciate ALL Opinions, from both those who HAVE purchesed Extended Waurentees, and if they proved to be a good Investment, or a waste of money, and also Owners that have NOT purchased ANY Extended Waurentee, and decided to just take their chances and use the money saved to buy other needed Services, but then wished they had bought it before their Factory Waurentee expired.
Thanks in advance for all who respond. I think all Spyder Owners who’s Factory Waurentees have not yet expired would be very interested in responses.