Spyder Garage

Cool bead seat or padded seat for RT

I have noticed on longer rides that I could use some help in the comfort seating area .... thinking about buying seat cover. Not sure beaded seat cover vers a sheep skin cover. I have read some reviews but not sure what the "gang in Spyder land" has experienced. Anyone?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Take a look at "Motorcycle Daves", site sponsor ad...He has a gel pad you can install under your stock seat cover that helps a lot...I have used it and it works great...

Spyder Garage

I tried the beaded seat pad and felt I was going to slide off the trike on a sharp turn, It is a good product but not for me I guess. Maybe the wooden beads are better than the plastic ones

I went with an Airhawk inside a sheepskin cover I had. Works great for me on long trips. I can vary the air pressure as needed to stay comfortable. There is also a competitor to Airhawk called Air Seat that has bigger bubbles but also works good.

Just my 2 cents.
    Dave

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I can help with that pain in the butt.... try one of my motorcycle seat GEL kits made with medical grade gel
    and memory foam. You install it yourself, it's easy and works. only $79.95
    Ride Safe
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Yeochips View Post
    I have noticed on longer rides that I could use some help in the comfort seating area .... thinking about buying seat cover. Not sure beaded seat cover vers a sheep skin cover. I have read some reviews but not sure what the "gang in Spyder land" has experienced. Anyone?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    I can help with that pain in the butt.... try one of my motorcycle seat GEL kits made with medical grade gel
    and memory foam. You install it yourself, it's easy and works. only $79.95
    Ride Safe
    Dave
    Dave, Do you have a gel kit for the BRP comfort seat as well? I recently put one one, and while the seat position is better, it is still not as comfortable as my old Goldwing...... Thanks
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Not a fan of sheep skin I found something at Bass pro not as padded per say but does let air flow & get rain water out of areas , cooler even when left in sun, plus just general seat projection. IMG_1863.jpgIMG_1862.jpg combination Dave's gel pads or air hawk underneath might be what you need FYI has 1/2" wide Velcro strips & a number of loops to go under seat holding in place. Works fine stays in place even every time I get gas.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I love the beaded seat. I did have the slip and slide around curves problem so hubby got a couple of rattle cans of textured bed liner, and sprayed it on the beading. Problem solved. The texture does wear off, so hubby reapplies a new coat every riding season. I’ve tried the gel seat, Airhawk and a few other things, but the bead seat works best for me. Good luck!!
    2020 RTL SE6 Asphalt Grey
    2014 RT SE6, Pearl White 57k (2014-2020)
    2008 GS Premier 17k (2012-2014)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KosherKid View Post
    I went with an Airhawk inside a sheepskin cover I had. Works great for me on long trips. I can vary the air pressure as needed to stay comfortable. There is also a competitor to Airhawk called Air Seat that has bigger bubbles but also works good.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Dave
    Airhawk + Sheepskin is what we use.
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

try an Air Hawk first. Cheap and easy to install. That will give you an idea of how much padding you truly need to get comfortable.

Spyder Garage

+1 for Bead Rider, unfortunately I'm so heavy (270#) I don't slide on it at all, but I've done Iron Butt Saddle Sore 1000 on a sunny, HOT July 5th and didn't have a hot or sore butt when done. Buddy with a Sheepskin took his off half way through the day and tossed it as he was soaking wet in the saddle. He tried a Bead Rider, and didn't like it. Sold it to another Spyder rider at the bottom of the Tail of the Dragon. You'll just have to pick which one you want to try and .... you get it right the first time.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

I have Dave's gel seat. Really extended my ride time.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I have tried several versions. I started with a Butt Buffer gel cushion. It was returned immediately. I then fabricated wooden beads from an old set of automobile beads. I went with that for a while but then added a sheepskin on top of that. My wife still uses that combo as the passenger. I then exchanged the beads for an Air Hawk. Toward the end of last season, I removed the Air Hawk and just have the sheepskin. I am curious about an aftermarket seat, but do not want to spend $700+ for something I have never seen or felt. I feel your pain(in the a**).

Best of luck

Lin
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    2016 RT-S Special , 2 tone black

Spyder Garage

I have Motorcycle Dave’s gel kit installed in a BRP comfort seat. Excellent product. During the Spyder homecoming I put 2400 miles on ima week with no discomfort. Good luck!

Spyder Garage

I really like this....I will be making a trip to check it out!