Spyder Garage

Default full figured person

hey people, i have been seeing a ton of youtube videos on this bike. looking at it, it seems that the seat is vert close to the tank. do we have any full figured people riding them, and what do you think of it. i am not looking to buy one, and right now i am hoping that on the 22nd, the shots in my back will help me to walk w/o having to stop and rest my back. i am just curious. if you remember, i had two RT LIMITED'S, but right now i could never pull my leg over the seats. thanks
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

I don't know about full figured but I'm a hefty guy.

I have an RT and the stock seat has worked for me. You could also change to the comfort seat which I think moves you back about 1.5 inches but cuts into the passenger space. I couldn't go that route since my passenger IS full figured.

Dave

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    hey people, i have been seeing a ton of youtube videos on this bike. looking at it, it seems that the seat is vert close to the tank. do we have any full figured people riding them, and what do you think of it. i am not looking to buy one, and right now i am hoping that on the 22nd, the shots in my back will help me to walk w/o having to stop and rest my back. i am just curious. if you remember, i had two RT LIMITED'S, but right now i could never pull my leg over the seats. thanks
    Funny you mentioned this. I too am horizontally challenged. Just yesterday, I sat on some Rykers at my dealer and discovered that my belly rests against the fake gas tank and that the seat's rear ridge hits me in a bad spot. By the way, the dealer sold three Rykers the first day they had them displayed on the floor.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hate to say this, and with all due respect, but I would suggesting loosing a bit of weight, would be much healthier and much easier to get around........To say nothing of finding it much easier to fit on your bike, be it a Ryker or Motorcycle.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Default Gotta say.....

From the design of the Ryker it was not intended for the portly folks. Now as always a test drive would clear that up as it may be a comfortable support for the tummie depending. You have had the RT so you know them and the F3 may be fine as well. The ryker may not suitable little people either....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

i totally agree with you.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

You are correct about the Ryker not being a suited for the vertically challenged. I was at our local dealership 2 weeks ago shopping for a new helmet and noticed that they had a Ryker 900 on display by the main entrance. I sat on the Ryker and even with the handlebars slid all the way back it was hard to reach the grips comfortably while they were squared-up center and nearly impossible to reach at full lock left/right; I'm 5'2".

I was a bit disappointed because even though I am not in the market to buy another bike, I sure wouldn't mind taking one for a spin. The Ryker looks like it would be a fun bike. I was surprised at how low you sit in the seat. Sitting so low in the bike and looking right over the front tires/fenders felt like sitting in a formula one styled go-cart. Yep, it sure would be fun to take one for a spin.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light