Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SiriusXM/Pandora offer

I just found out today that Sirius XM has acquired Pandora. If you are currently NOT a Sirius XM subscriber but have a SiriusXM radio, and are currently a Pandora subscriber here is a special offer to get vehicle XM for $5/mo. There does not appear to be a time limit to the subscription. This offer ends 2/19. https://www.siriusxm.com/servlet/Sat...FP-Pandora_B1A The offer for XM streaming isn't as good.

What I think you could do to take advantage of this, if you are inclined to add SiriusXM to your Spyder, but don't have a radio, is go buy one. The XM receiver is an OEM accessory for the RT or you can use a separate XM receiver and connect it via the Aux input. Subscribe to Pandora first, then subscribe for the special offer. I don't know, and didn't see, what happens if you get the SiriusXM subscription started and then drop Pandora.

Who knows, this whole Pandora/XM thing may morph into one service in time. But if you want XM on your Spyder it might just be worth $5/mo for awhile to see how it works out.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for this info ……………. I have the Sirius receiver connected in my 2014RT ( DIY ) ….. I don't know what Pandora is ???? and whether it would improve over just Sirius alone ???? …………….. Mike

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Thanks for this info ……………. I have the Sirius receiver connected in my 2014RT ( DIY ) ….. I don't know what Pandora is ???? and whether it would improve over just Sirius alone ???? …………….. Mike
    Pandora is one of several internet music streaming services. A couple of others are Spotify and iHeartRadio. You need a streaming box like Roku or Amazon Stick or a smart TV, or a computer. Pandora ad-free subscriptions start at $6/mo. SiriusXM subscriptions start at $14.99/mo.

If you have a smartphone with data service you can stream Pandora, or any other type of streaming download, and feed it into your bike audio. Better than SiriusXM? Probably not. Sirius XM bought Pandora for the marketing access. Sirius has about 35 million subscribers and Pandora about 75 million.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I have Sirius on the bike and just got Pandora in the house this last month. We got rid of Dish TV and went with Hulu. Hulu came packaged with Pandora for no additional charge. But that free service includes advertisements. However, the ads are very infrequent and very short. Not a bother at all. Now, having both services it will be interesting to see how this all gets sorted out..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

I have Pandora and like it very much. You can create your own station and it will find you similar music. I have a Stan Rogers Station that I listen to all the time. Since I also have a Sirius XM subscription I'll have to look at combining them.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Thx something to look into

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Active Member NorthAlabamaSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I will NEVER give SiriusXM my credit card again. The offer requires it unfortunately. Good deal if the would bill you.
    2019 F3-T and some extra stuff