Thread: USA Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default USA Trailer

As some of you know, we won a trailer last summer, and I decided to sell it. Well, it finally sold, and I ordered a replacement. I chose the Lumina XL from USA Trailer. I really like it. It arrived on the truck 3 days after I ordered it, and I spent a little over an hour putting it together. Glad I did it, and can't wait to see how it works out. 18 cubic ft, aluminum body with 13" aluminum wheels. I think it's a great value compared to the one that we one and sold. If anyone's interested, here's the link. I opted for the Lumina XL for the space of course, and we got it in white. They come in white, black or diamond plate.

https://theusatrailerstore.com/lumin...-amtxlw-white/
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Hi Mazo,
    Let us know how your new trailer works out once this S. Wisconsin ice business is done.
    Can't wait for all this salt to go away - and I mean a lot of salt down here in Green county.

Enjoy your weekend!
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

That's the trailer I bought too in white to go behind my blue RTL.

Spyder Garage

I have the same trailer and size, it tracked well in heavy crosswind going to deadwood in 2016. Most of the time I don't even know it's back there, very happy with mine.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The price for that trailer isn't much more than what it cost me to build my own trailer about 6 years ago!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Lumina owners

For the Lumina owners ...

Do you have a spare tire ? If so is it mounted? I have seen a picture here of one with the spare tire mounted underneath the tongue which looks like a good location - curious on where to get the mounting bracket.

Also do you have a cooler on the cooler rack? Which cooler did you go with the USA or another ?

TIA for your response.

Here is the solution I am trying to get . https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...53#post1140753

Look at the last post by Scoot2Mtns who hasn't posted on SL since 2016.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I carry the trailer spare tire under the tongue. I use what looks like a big "U" bolt that goes through the lug holes. I mounted it as far back as I could almost to the box.

Once you get it mounted (got to put lug nuts on from underneath), it works well for me. It gets the tire out of the way and is less unsightly as hanging it off the side of the tongue.

Spyder Garage

I just bought a SPyder RT 2017 and will need a trailer for our journeys across country. Oddly, as much storage as it has, it will not accomodate our suitcase. We got everything on my V-Strom but can’t on this. That’s my only complaint about the SPyder that matters. I notice that Northern Tool has a trailer that requires assembly. Probably not as good as the Lumina, but I wonder if any of you know anything about it and whether anyone has had problems with it. I like what I read about the Lumina but it is three times the price of the Northern Tool Trailer.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...2633_200692633

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brainsprain View Post
    I notice that Northern Tool has a trailer that requires assembly. Probably not as good as the Lumina, but I wonder if any of you know anything about it and whether anyone has had problems with it.
    If I was looking for a trailer I'd be tempted to buy it. Three things to take into account. Put Bearing Buddies on the wheels to make it much easier and more sure to keep the wheel bearings greased. You probably should replace the tires for a higher speed rated. You can buy them mounted on wheels almost as cheap as bare tires. Keep the originals and use one for a spare. Find out how heavy the steel is in the tongue. The trailer tongue takes a hell of a beating behind the Spyder because the hitch is mounted on the swing arm and transmits road roughness to the trailer tongue. If it's thin, like 0.060 wall thickness, you need to reinforce it, probably with another square tube inside the original.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

I am thinking buying it or not, because of the discount. Customers are happy with the quality of this trailer.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

double up ooops

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

i have actually pulled one of these trailers for over 12000 miles ... never having an issue thru 20 states. OEM tires, just smaller wheels, but still a spring trailer ....

52541_10152213054095002_1879048858_o.jpg

267837_10150695378080002_4557849_n.jpg

I would recommend these trailers to any one.

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hijack this thread, but speaking about USA trailers I am thinking about getting a USA Endeavor 6X9 trailer. Has anyone had one of these trailers and how was it? Al
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    If I was looking for a trailer I'd be tempted to buy it. Three things to take into account. Put Bearing Buddies on the wheels to make it much easier and more sure to keep the wheel bearings greased. You probably should replace the tires for a higher speed rated. You can buy them mounted on wheels almost as cheap as bare tires. Keep the originals and use one for a spare. Find out how heavy the steel is in the tongue. The trailer tongue takes a hell of a beating behind the Spyder because the hitch is mounted on the swing arm and transmits road roughness to the trailer tongue. If it's thin, like 0.060 wall thickness, you need to reinforce it, probably with another square tube inside the original.
    with your comments ....except the thing about the " Tongue ". .... When you drive your Spyder on a " rough road " do think your REAR tire ever actually looses contact with the road surface ???? .... I vote that it Doesn't, and if it doesn't then the swing arm isn't bouncing either .... because the connection at the Ball & Coupler has " play " in it , you will hear it constantly. The Trailer " tongue " is moving not the " Ball ".... For my trailers, I created a tongue without a coupler , I re-placed it with an auto type " tie-rod end ", the enclosed Ball w/ shaft is threaded and I put that in the " L" bracket on the swing arm, and secure with a lok-nut ... very secure tight connection ... This is very similar to what a well known trailer company used .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    with your comments ....except the thing about the " Tongue ". ....
    Look at the photos of how my trailer tongue cracked from vibration and bouncing of the hitch and/or trailer wheels. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...=1#post1362218. The last few hundred miles of a trip home the trailer was pulled by a 3/4" width of 0.060" steel. The coupler was snug. The rear wheel doesn't need to lose contact with the pavement in order to give a rough ride.

I had to change from S hooks to caribiners because the safety chains would jump loose from the hitch.

2014 Copper RTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

10/4 on the caribiners...I have a home built trailer on a Harbor Freight frame...NEVER AGAIN...You cannot buy wheel bearings, wheel seals or hubs from anywhere but HF...When you order them from HF you need to wait for them to arrive from China...

If I were to build another one I'd but American made frame from Northern...Or just buy a ready built trailer...

larryd

Spyder Garage

Bought a USA trailer, changed the S hooks to carabiners and bought a spare tire.....put it in the trailer. Figured I had the wheel, I only needed the tire.....which may be a few days away, depending on where you were located and probably not a size kept in stock. We have put 10,000 miles on the trailer, no problems.
    Bob, k7xi. 2013 RTL