Spyder Garage

Default Can-Am Ryker Rally cruise control, throttle lock hack

I posted a video on YouTube about how to add a cruise control to the Ryker. Note that you'll need a handguard to act as the stop/lock because we don't have a front brake lever. So, the Ryker Rally is ready to go, but the other versions will need the OEM handguard accessory (or an aftermarket equivalent) to make this hack work.

Recipe:
    1. Purchase a Go Cruise 7/8" throttle lock: https://www.amazon.com/Go-Cruise-Mot...dp/B00TIEATVY/
    2. Visit your local auto parts store and score a 2-3" long piece of 1/2" ID heater hose
    3. Shove the piece of heater hose over the pointed end of the throttle lock and leave about 1" extending past the end of the plastic
    4. Install the Go Cruise lock over the throttle grip, as close to the inner edge as possible
    5. Enjoy your fancy new cruise missile with less hand fatigue. ;-)

The total price for this "hack" is about $20! Money well spent in my opinion. ;-)

--
    QM

Spyder Garage

Nice! Thanks for doing the dirty work on that idea!

Spyder Garage

Another option that I have used for years on other bikes is the Crampbuster CB4. Low cost, clean and efficient. If properly adjusted, just the weight of the palm of your hand will maintain speed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2019 Rally , Black on black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CTAC View Post
    Another option that I have used for years on other bikes is the Crampbuster CB4. Low cost, clean and efficient. If properly adjusted, just the weight of the palm of your hand will maintain speed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Yep, I have a couple of those as well. The benefit of the Go Cruise is that you can completely remove your hand from the throttle to shake out your hand/arm if needed (or punch addresses into your GPS, etc). The palm rest type (Crampbuster) require you to keep your hand or some weight on the grip at all times. I have carpal tunnel higher up my arm (not just in the wrist like most cases) and some irritating nerve/circulation issues that force me to move around every 10 mins or so... if I don't, then my hands go so numb that I can't operate the controls safely.

--
    QM

Spyder Garage

Very simple and a great way to have basic cruise.I like it
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Spyder Garage

Quasi, what a great idea. Thanks for posting. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Thank you QuasiMotard. I actually broke down and got the Atlas because I have had both carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve surgery. Crampbuster doesn't give me enough relief. I am a little scared to use the Throttle Lock due to many different opinions out there.