Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Great job on the Blog ! It's like we are there with you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Safety View Post
    Great job on the Blog ! It's like we are there with you.
    Keep those cards and letters coming!

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

Deb and Brian - Glad you made it. Sorry to hear you backed into a claw hammer.
    2015 RT-S , Metallic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ptoemmes View Post
    Why, I believe you might just be correct.

Pete

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
    Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
    Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
    My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
    I had to stop for the night
    There she stood in the doorway;
    I heard the mission bell
    And I was thinking to myself,
    this could be heaven or this could be hell
    Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
    There were voices down the corridor,
    I thought I heard them say...

Welcome to the hotel california
    Such a lovely place
    Such a lovely face
    Plenty of room at the hotel california
    Any time of year, you can find it here
    Yes, but did they stand on the corner in Winslow, AZ when they passed through?

I've stood on the corner in Winslow, AZ..... last April and then I will again with my Spyder this September.

Glad to hear you guys made it to California safe and sound.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

You made it. Ride safe.
    Andrew Gaze
    2008 Full Moon SM5 PE#979

I am one very happy owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

very jealous in CT. awsome

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome to Hollywood

Welcome to California. welcome
    See you guys at the show

Spyder Garage

Deb, you and Brian are incredible. Even when I was younger I could not have done back-to-back 1,000 mile days and then blogged in my spare time. I would have been comatose on the second day. That is, if I did not fall off of the Spyder on the first day. In that case, the vultures would have cleaned my bones by now.

Please keep on blogging for the benefit of those of us who had to stay home. I could not make the trip because my new Spyder is not yet set-up for long distance travel. It is almost ready to go. I will not miss another event.

By the way, everyone I know has had the same experience with a half-helmet in the rain that you did. It must be part of the initiation rites for motorcyclists. I assume this is your first motorcycle/roadster.

Thanks for the blog.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder1026 View Post
    By the way, everyone I know has had the same experience with a half-helmet in the rain that you did. It must be part of the initiation rites for motorcyclists. I assume this is your first motorcycle/roadster.
    Yeah, and some of us never learn. I was wearing a Davida halfpot at a vintage event, and got caught a couple of years back. Ouch! Added attraction...You cannot tighten the neck of your rainsuit tight enough to keep out the water when you're wearin a half helmet in the rain.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

welcome to cailf, glad you made it in safe

Spyder Garage

Brian,Deb,
    It was great meeting you today. I don't know where you get the energy to keep going after your long trek but keep it up.

Hope to see you again Saturday.

best regards,
    Andy & Beth
    Premeir Edition #59

SoCal

Spyder Garage

Default 6/25/09 Our ride with Smokster

Early this morning I put it out there that I wanted to ride the Pacific Coast Highway. Smokster responded that if we got down his way, he would be glad to take us on our own personal guided tour. We started our day actually riding what many would consider the wrong way. We headed east and north to make a stop at Chaparel's. This is an absolutely hugh motorcycle store. I bought some new gloves that fit better than the ones I was using of Brian's. I also had to buy some goggles. The glasses BMWGene got for me broke already, I am so sorry to say. Also, I was noticing that any glasses I wore kind of hurt where the arms were over my ears. So I got goggles with an elastic band and it is so much better. As we were getting ready to leave, we gave Smokster (Greg by the way) a call. He was ready for us. 45 minutes later we were in Newport Beach. A quick stop at Quizno's for lunch and we were ready to ride, so we thought. Brian thought he was starting to have some brake trouble. His brakes started squealing again and getting kind of mushy. A not so quick stop to the motorcycle store for brake fluid quickly fixed the problem. The ocean was so close, I could smell it and I could feel the cool breeze. We were almost to the Pacific Coast Highway. Now let me backtrack a little here. I have never been on the PCH before and I had these romantic idea's of open road and ocean on one side and mountains on the other. I found out only too quickly that those parts of the PCH were either way south or way north. What I was getting was very populated. Although there was some very beautiful scenery, I felt a little let down. I think Greg could sense it as well. I felt so bad as he was trying so hard to show us the beauty of southern California. Here are some of the photos I did take during this part of the ride.

Here is Balboa Island

Finally after heading south to Laguna Beach and Dayna Point and almost loosing Brian in heavy traffic it was time to get some fuel.

I wasn't sure why I needed fuel, I was only down about 60 miles but I was soon to find out. Greg asked us if we would like to try a canyon run since the PCH wasn't quite what I had in mind. Both Brian and I were game, what the heck. We were now headed into Cleveland National Forrest and the Ortega Highway. Oh MY!!!! just breath taking scenery and the riding, well let me say, it would give Deals Gap a run for it's money. We stopped at Hell's Kitchen for a refreshing lemonade and a quick break before we headed onward and upward.

After leaving Hell's Kitchen, we called Spanky and told him we were just leaving and we could be at Cross Corner in about an hour. He said he had to wait for his wife and the spyder, BlackWidow (I think) as she is known here. We headed a bit further up the mountain to LookOut Point. I would love to describe it to you, but let me show you instead.

After such an exhilarating ride, I wasn't sure what could top it. I was about to find out. Going down the mountain at 45-55 mph on some pretty mean turns is quite a rush. This spyder of ours, boy can she handle it all. We pulled over for a couple more photos before heading on to Cross Corner.

Just as we arrived at Cross Corner, I hadn't even gotten my helmet off and here came a silver spyder. It was BlackWidow with Spanky in tow on his two wheeler. I am sorry, I don't have a photo to post of these really nice folks but Brian took that one. We went in and sat down and just chatted. I have said it before and I will say it again. SpyderLovers are the nicest people.

The day was winding down and it was time for Brian and I to head back to our KOA. We took a nice leisurely ride up the 421 to the 91 to the 71 back into Pomona. The scenery is just phenomenal. All in all, it turned out to be a fantastic riding day with great people. We put on about 230 miles today total. After the last few days, that seems like a drop in the bucket. We hardly noticed we had ridden so much.

I did realize one thing though. I forgot my video camera and there is so much I wished I would have captured. You can bet for the BRP Canyon ride, I will have my camera mounted on my Spyder.

I'm off to bed, tomorrow, we will arrive at the Sheraton, I am so looking forward to meeting everyone.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Default A Quick update and a special Thank You

I think I have it wrong, I don't think Spanky's wife is Black Widow, maybe he will jump on here and correct me.

Also I want to give a very special Thank You to 8Legs. I mentioned early on that she had given Brian and I each a Guardian Bell when we picked up the banner in Indy. What I didn't notice until this morning when we were cleaning our spyders is that they are each slightly different. Brian's has an American Flag on it and mine, bless her heart, has a rose. Tina, thank you again and a sending you a big hug.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Smile

Great pics Deb wish I was there,nice to see you are having a great time.

Spyder Garage

welcome to California Deb& Brian i sure am sorry i can not be there to ride and meet you folks. Am loving reading your blog hope you have a wonderful time out here and a safe ride home. on your Iron Butt rides that is awsome
    BIGD Love to Ride

Spyder Garage

Talking

Thanks for your great bolg and the pictures- I am so enjoying your trip

keep it coming

Spyder Garage

You sure you guys aren't Transformers in that you morf into Robots when you ryde??? That's a heck of a lot of ryding over only a few days!!!! My hat is off to you!!!!

Enjoy reading this blog. Thanks for taking us along on your trip!!
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

It was truely a great ride with Deb and Brian. They are true riders looking for an adventure. Down here there is so much to see, with so little time. Unfortunately, with school out, everyone had the same idea to go to laguna beach. I have always loved the canyon rides which I ride at night often. Seeing Debs face light up after Ortega Hwy canyon ride was priceless for me. I knew that I hit a good spot for her.
    Just a correction to her post, we met up with Spanky and his wife at Cooks Corner, a famous coach stop in the wild west days and now a very popular bike hangout snuggled in between the canyons.
    Glad you guys made it home alright last night...for today another venture begins...Nancy and I will see you all Saturday for breakfast !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    I think I have it wrong, I don't think Spanky's wife is Black Widow, maybe he will jump on here and correct me.

Also I want to give a very special Thank You to 8Legs. I mentioned early on that she had given Brian and I each a Guardian Bell when we picked up the banner in Indy. What I didn't notice until this morning when we were cleaning our spyders is that they are each slightly different. Brian's has an American Flag on it and mine, bless her heart, has a rose. Tina, thank you again and a sending you a big hug.
    You have it right, my wife's handle is BlackWidow. I used to use it too until I found myself and created my own identity.

I forgot to mention earlier that it was nice to see Smokster again.
    Premeir Edition #59

SoCal

Spyder Garage

Default 6/26/09 The excitement is building...

Hello Everyone, it is Friday morning here in southern California about 9:46 a.m. Pacific time. Brian and I were up too early again. I don't know if it is the time difference or just getting used to the lack of sleep or maybe the fairly uncomfortable cabin mattress. Anyway, we were up early and packed and ready to go. Unfortunately there is nowhere to go just yet. We can't check in this early at the Sheraton. I called to see what would be the earliest we might be able to arrive. I was told they had a full house last night and check out isn't even until 12:3o pm this afternoon. So at the very earliest it would be 1:00pm and that is a long shot as well. I was told I could call and check to see if our room would be ready or not. So, here we sit, in the clubhouse at the KOA. It is pretty comfortable and it's as good a place as any to while away a few hours. I can get caught up on my SpyderLovers reading in the mean time. I am going to try and get some video of our arrival at Universal Studios City Walk and the Sheraton for everyone to see. I'll try and post some photos and video later tonight,

Registered Users The_Spyderwoman's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

After such an exhilarating ride, I wasn't sure what could top it. I was about to find out. Going down the mountain at 45-55 mph on some pretty mean turns is quite a rush. This spyder of ours, boy can she handle it all. We pulled over for a couple more photos before heading on to Cross Corner.
    WOW!!
    This is such a great blog. After being in TX in Hill Country and around the "Twisted Sisters" run I can't believe I didn't start riding sooner. So when you talk of the rush and how a spyder can handle it all....WOW it just gets me all pumped up and ready to go again!! I couldn't believe how much fun the spyder was on these curves!! I know you are having a blast! Keep the blogs coming - I am enjoying them so much!! Wish I were there! I used to live north of LA and have a daughter stationed in Pendleton now in Oceanside. Maybe next time! LOL!!
    Have a great time!! Ride safe!!
    The Happy Spyderlover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    You have it right, my wife's handle is BlackWidow. I used to use it too until I found myself and created my own identity.

I forgot to mention earlier that it was nice to see Smokster again.
    That goes without saying...nice to see you as well and finally meet your wife. See you for breakfast (in the morning).

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Your welcome. I'm blushed LOL. Wish I was with you all.

Spyder Garage

Default 6/26/09 We are at the Sheraton for the night..

Let me tell you about the day. As you know, we sat at the KOA for what seemed like hours waiting until we would be able to arrive and check into our room. While we were waiting, I received a call from DragonHeart (Gayle) They were on their way in to the hotel as well and they were only about 15 minutes from us. I told them come on by and we can all ride into the Sheraton together. Gayle used to live in the area so it was nice to have someone lead the way who knew where they were going. It was about a 35 minute ride from the campground into North Hollywood to the Sheraton. Here is a video so you all can ride the last few blocks of our arrival with us.

As we pulled into the parking garage, there were already quite a few spyders there and many more were pulling in at a fast pace. It was so cool to see all the spyders together and meeting people. Putting faces to names and then trying to learn people's real names is quite a trick. I met Recluze os so briefly. Hawkiii (Tom) and his wife Debbie introduced themselves to us quickly as well. I saw Spydergirl and knew who she was right away. I have to look her up and spend some more time. I also got to see Forrest and Harvey and I was happy to see they had made it there safely. Lamont's spyder was there, but he had already left with the group for Jay Leno's garage. I was told that no, Jay was not there. Everything was so rushed as we were all trying to get ready to head over to Bob's Original Big Boy in Burbank, CA

This is usually their classic car cruise night and the spyders just took over the back parking lot. It was pretty cool to see so many spyders and so many with custom paint jobs and all kinds of mods. There was a Can-Am Spyder Banner hanging out front so everyone knew something special was going on. I got to meet Evan and Patti from NoMagicNeon, finally. After many conversations on the phone and PM's here on SpyderLovers, I felt like they were old friends. Docdoru and I spent a lot of time chatting, for some reason, he has the misconception that I am almost as much of a maniac ryder as he is. (Thanks Forrest) There were just so many people there and so many there was no way to really chat with everyone. We did manage to get in dinner while we were there. Gayle (DragonHeart) & Gary, Tom (Hawkiii) & Debbie and Brian (bjt) and I all went and sat on the front patio and each had a Big Boy Combo. It was nice, we watched the spyders and classic cars driving by as we ate and just enjoyed each other's company.

Here are some short videos of the Spyder madhouse at Bob's

Some of the highlights of my Big Boy experience was meeting Marc LaCroix of BRP. We spent quite a bit of time chatting and he is such a nice man. He is doing a great job with Can-AM and the Spyder and it is so much fun to be a part of it. Here is a photo of the two of us together and I just had to ask him if he would let me get a picture of him sitting on my spyder.

I also spent a lot of time talking with one of the other BRP marketing reps, Phillipe. (sp?) Marc, I think Phillipe needs a promotion, he is doing such a great job. Maybe he should be decked out with his own spyder so he can travel the country and promote it a bit more. Oh yeah, and don't forget his raise....LOL

About 6:00pm the police showed up. Evidently, they don't like it when you aren't officially in a parking spot. They started clearing out spyders. I am not sure but I don't think all the Harley guys and regular Classic Car guys were too happy with our presence. Well, the West Coast Spyders had arranged for an alternate meeting spot in case something like this occurred. I am not sure how many spyders went there, but it was nice to have another spot to gather.

A number of us went back to the Sheraton and just sat in the lounge and relaxed. It was nice to really talk and get to know some of these people. A few more folks that joined us were Jeff and Kim I think. (sorry if I got the name wrong) It is hard to tell where they are from. Let's see, they are in CA but moving to Phoenix, oh yeah, they just sold their house in MI, get the picture. Also had the pleasure of meeting Anthony and Jill, didn't get andy screen names, I hope they will come on line and fill us all in.

The group is breaking up for the evening as the hour is getting late and breakfast is early. I just wanted to post this and keep everyone up to date and share my day with you all.

Two more things, when I got back to the hotel, there was a Spyder Ambassador Package waiting for me, what a great way to continue to advertise this product that has become a part of my life. And the final touch for the night. We had a very nice note and a fruit plate in our room from Marc LaCroix. Marc and BRP are truly a class act. I can't wait until tomorrow and see how the whole event comes together.

I am going to try and tape the Canyon ride for everyone to see the absolute beauty of this area.

Until tomorrow.....THE MAIN EVENT

Spyder Garage

Good morning dltang,

It sounds like you are having a great time here in sunny california. We got to Bob's pretty late, no parking, and by the time we got to the other eateries we only found some nice folk from Barstow and a few others leaving for the night. Hopefully today we will get to met more SpyderLovers. It's gonna be a great day.

quackerz