Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Beautiful scenery. Looks like you all had a great ryde and lots of fun!!!

Thanks for taking the time to video and post it up for us to see!!!!!
    Marilyn

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I have pretty much every tool I need now for road side repair packed along with spare parts. I'm even bringing a spare clutch and springs and a oil change.
    why not just take a spare spyder???" u could tow it behind ur trailer
    Last edited by aubierules; 06-29-2009 at 09:19 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post
    Me 2 Me 2
    good job..thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Here it is, about 10 minutes of the ride. It takes a moment to load though.
    Nice that you edited out the LOVELY traffic we sat in getting over to canyon.

I also have some video I will post, probably closer to the end of the week.

I was so happy we got to meet you and your husband in person and even got to wish you well on your trip back home. Hope to meet you two again real soon. The weekend was very memorable.... including our 15 hour trip back home yesterday.

Here is to a continued safe journey back home.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the response. Are you going to go through Yellowstone park ? If you do and have the time my wifes neice is tha curator of the Park musem ,her name is Colline ,tell her we are friends and you might get a nice tour, worth a shot if are going that way. Have safe ride home .
    BIGD Love to Ride

Spyder Garage

Deb, my name is Darrell Wright , Col might not know me by my forum name
    BIGD Love to Ride

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I think you are right, I do remember the back pack. It was a great ride wasn't it?
    Surrrrrre was! I am still on a high from the fun of the weekend.
    VERY HAPPY OWNER OF Spyder PE #1133 w/ Leo Vince, High Flow Filter , Red caliper trim(whoopty doo), BRP sport rack/backrest, BRP saddle bags, BRP comfort seat, Honda RC51, Buell XB9R, Garmin 660, Tackyon XC action cam, Nolan N103 W/ N-Com kit(never use it...)

Spyder Garage

D and B
    5000 plus readers on your LA Trip------

So each night we all wait around the warm glow of our flat screens.
    We are all concerned about your day long rides.
    We all need to know you have arrived safe and sound for the night.
    So just fill in the blank

We have arrived in _______ !!!! Good nite.

Well rested for tomorrows ride
    Is good news for us.
    smilingene

Spyder Garage

Great stuff. Hope you can take your time gettin home safe.
    How many spyders do you think were at this event?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Longlegs View Post
    Great stuff. Hope you can take your time gettin home safe.
    How many spyders do you think were at this event?
    Official count was 200 as anounced at the award ceremony. It could have been more.
    Premeir Edition #59

SoCal

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmwgene View Post
    D and B
    5000 plus readers on your LA Trip------

So each night we all wait around the warm glow of our flat screens.
    We are all concerned about your day long rides.
    We all need to know you have arrived safe and sound for the night.
    So just fill in the blank

We have arrived in _______ !!!! Good nite.

Well rested for tomorrows ride
    Is good news for us.
    smilingene

I'm with Gene on this please fill in the blanks. Don't make the Spyder Express come looking for you two.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lee View Post
    I'm with Gene on this please fill in the blanks. Don't make the Spyder Express come looking for you two.
    Okay Guys,
    Sorry I didn't post anything last night. Brian has family in Elko, NV and we were camping for the night in Salt Lake City UT. His brother and sister in law came to town and we spent the evening together. Tonight I am at a campground in North Platte, NE. I am supposed to meet JimClarkf1 tomorrow but he has to work so I am not sure how this will work out. Our traveling time isn't falling in sync the way we expected. Okay, I will now get to posting about the final part of the BRP event.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

... Our traveling time isn't falling in sync the way we expected....
    Deb

I just drove some tools to Kansas City in 24 hours, now back home to MA in 30 hours---but that was in a truck....and in that same ridiculous heat you all had to endure on Spyders.

Gotta love those rumble strips.

Please take it a bit easier coming home, OK?

(We want you to make it to Niagara again!)

Spyder Garage

Default First, a couple more special Thank you's

I got to meet SPYMAN at the BRP event. He was there with his son at the movie and his family was with him from Las Vegas. Due to this, he was spyderless, sort of. You see, he came with two Hot Wheels spyders, one for bjt and one for me. This was so thoughtful and I want to say thank you again. I think his real name is Jake.

Also, BlackWidow (Beth) purchased Hard Rock Cafe guitars with spiders on them and gave one to each of us. I am truly amazed but not surprised at the love and generosity of spyderlovers from this site.

We met so many great people and had a wonderful time. After the ride, we had a BBQ at PickWick Gardens. The food was plentiful and not too bad either. There was ice cream, and smoothies and popcorn and refreshments and it was all you can eat. There was another prize drawing. I think I forgot to mention that at the first drawing, after the movie, I won a $250 gift certificate for BRP accessories. So if anyone knows the name of the dealer selling leather coats at a discount, pass it on please.

Okay, we spent a great deal of time with some wonderful couples. Hawkii (Tom) and his wife Debbie are super people, I really hope we get to see them again some time. Gayle and Jerry, Jeff and Leslie and Kim and Andrew are a few of the other couples we kind of hung out with. Of course, I have to tell you all, Evan, NoMagicNeon and his wife Pat and Jody are just as wonderful in person as they are with their service. There are just so many people to mention, I just know I will leave someone out. So I will end this with some photos of folks for you.

Hawkii and Debbie

Docdoru

Gayle and Jerry, Leslie and Jeff

Evan and Jody

Lamont and Doc

Quackers (Shauna) and her husband, sorry I don't know his real name

As you can see many friends we met and made. I also met SpyderGirl and her husband and BrooklynZ and so many others. I apologize if I didn't get to mention everyone is one of these many posts. I had a great time and everyone here made it worth doing this blog.

I will continue to post items regarding our trip home if anyone is interested at all.

Spyder Garage

Default Time to go Home

We left the Sheraton about 4:30 am and got on the road after fuel and water about 5:00am. We did not have any traffic issues whatsoever. We headed north as our plan was to take the 395 north toward Reno. What a beautiful trip that was. I couldn't take enough video or photos. I hope I don't bore you with my pics. We took the advice of Greg and Andrew and Beth and stopped at Lone Pine I think it was called. It is just off the 395 and they made some great western movies out in this area. It was just awesome. I just can't look at such beauty and not know God. Anyway, here are some photos and I pieced together my various video clips all in one California 395 video. Once again, I am holding the camera with one hand while I drive so if it is wiggly at times, please forgive me. We stopped for the first night in Carson City, NV and that is where I will pick up in my next post.
    This video is being posted at 12:01 EST and will take about 30 minutes before you can see it.

Here are some still photos

Spyder Garage

Thought you might like the mammoth area, nice video.
    Now I wanna go.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update Deb, I sure enjoyed hanging out with you guys.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Smile

thanks for the great post deb have a safe ride home.

Spyder Garage

Okay Guys,
    Sorry I didn't post anything last night. Brian has family in Elko, NV and we were camping for the night in Salt Lake City UT. His brother and sister in law came to town and we spent the evening together. Tonight I am at a campground in North Platte, NE. I am supposed to meet JimClarkf1 tomorrow but he has to work so I am not sure how this will work out. Our traveling time isn't falling in sync the way we expected. Okay, I will now get to posting about the final part of the BRP event.
    Thanks for the update, ride safe looks like you've completed well over 3/4 of your total trip.

Spyder Garage

Deb, this has been a fun blog. It's hard to believe you posted all this and are making one heck of a huge round trip. It was great meeting you and Brian and so many other spyder lovers from all over. My husbands name is Al, I think he did only mention his screen name fish65. I hope you guys have a safe trip home and enjoy every minute of it. Take care of yourselves,

quackerz (shauna)

Spyder Garage

Really have enjoyed all the photos and videos!! I am in awe that you are ryding so many miles a day and still have the energy to post all this.

Do take care ryding home. I think the heat continues to be fierce. Anyway, safe journey!! Thanks so much for starting and maintaining this blog!!!!
    Marilyn

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default HI D & B

I hope we meet up today, I have the next 2 or 3 days off. (a long story) Be safe,, and THANKS for all of the blog,could make a great movie

Spyder Garage

Deb and Brian it was great to meet you .... glad to hear you are doing the 395 route back. I have always wanted to do that and actually have plans to do that route next year on our trip to Arizona. Hope you got to check out Mono Lake when you went by. That's pretty cool. And Lake Tahoe is very nice.

Hope you have a continued safe trip back home!
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by smokster View Post
    Thought you might like the mammoth area, nice video.
    Now I wanna go.
    Will they let you back into that town?
    Premeir Edition #59

SoCal

Spyder Garage

Default The Trip home is near the end

We are on our last leg come morning. Right now we are in a small roadside hotel pretending to be a Day's Inn in a town called Williamsburg, Iowa. According to the maps on our Iphone we are 509 miles from home and we plan on doing that tomorrow. I am in the process of uploading the videos of crossing Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska and Iowa, so it could be a while before I am all caught up.

Today was nice though, we left North Platte Nebraska camping, here is a photo of our tent with SpyderBear

We headed toward Omaha to meet JimClarkf1 (John) and BigArm (Larry). On the way, we took a quick side trip and saw an actual pony express station.

As we got into Omaha, John was waiting at the exit for us and Larry was at the gas station. Another member, Al (jigsawal hasn't been active here for a while but we are trying to remedy that) and his wife also were there to meet us. Once again the hospitality of SpyderLovers can not be outdone. We were greeted with cold water as we gassed up the spyders. Then we headed to lunch and it was Larry's treat. After lunch we headed over to the Quaker Stake and Lube for a beverage before Brian and I had to get back on the road again. Al and his wife treated us there and the place was so cool. I had never been to one of these as we do not have them in MI. After we finished there, it was time to get back on the road. Larry, is actually from Iowa so he rode with us for about 25 miles before he veered off to his exit. Here are some photos from the day.

This is Brian and me with John (Jimclarkf1)

Quaker Steak & Lube photos

So, here I sit in this motel trying to sum up this trip. It was just awesome!! By the time we get home we will have close to 5700 miles for the total trip. I will get photos of the trip odometer and post them.

I want to thank Lamont, BajaRon, effgjamis and REPOPS for riding out with us. It was good to see Lamont and Ron again and to meet Forrest and Harvey.

I hope to meet everyone in Gatlinburg if all goes as planned. When I get home I will type up my final synopsis of this trip and end my blog. I will also get these last videos posted for anyone that is interested in watching them.

I want to say thank you to everyone on this forum for supporting us during this trip. It has been great to read all your comments and thoughts. Now the really hard part, catching up on reading the rest of the forum, this could take days.