Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How old is the battery??? Have you hooked a volt meter to the battery and watched how low the voltage drops when the motor is cranking?? Just another suggestion to try...larryd

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    How old is the battery??? Have you hooked a volt meter to the battery and watched how low the voltage drops when the motor is cranking?? Just another suggestion to try...larryd
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'm guessing it's the one that came from the factory. I have had zero issues starting it, even without having the tender hooked up all winter. (have the tender, just haven't hooked it up yet).
    2020 Can Am Spyder RT Limited "The Comet #2"

Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Passenger Armrests From Can Am
    Wolo Big Bad Max Airhorn
    Lamonster Top Cuff W/Ram Ball
    Lamonster Power Plate
    Tackform Phone Mount
    Key Cover from Ebay
    Lamonster Mirror Locks
    Ultragard Cover from Lamonster
    Top Grills from Spyderpops
    Garage Door Opener from Spyderpops
    3.5mm Extension from Amazon
    Lamonster USB Cable Holder & Cable
    Foam Grips from Spyderpops
    Tricled Strobe Brake Light module
    Tricled Bag Lights (replace reflectors)
    Tricled Turn/Brake/Run Signals Rear
    Tricled Floorboard Lights
    Tricled Sequential Run/Turn Fender Lights
    Tricled A-Frame Run/Turn Lights
    Tricled LED American Flag Mount & Flag
    Showchrome American Flag
    2020 RT Limited , Says Chalk White, but in person it is much more gray

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Fin, I was just going back over this thread and see you said you did check F1 and find it's good. Did you check it with an ohmmeter to make sure it doesn't have a break that you can't see? If F1 is good then the only conclusion I can come to is you have a defective cluster.

As has been mentioned before, this is the first time your problem has been reported on this forum. That's why you're getting scatter gun responses.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've seen vehicles start but when voltage drops very low when starting sometimes the radio & clocks loose their memory...A simple test would be to hook up a 12 volt jumper battery to your Spyder battery and then start the bike to see if the problem is still there or its not...

You could use a 12 V. lawn & garden tractor or another vehicle...You may need motorcycle jumper cables to hook on the bike battery...

This is a very simple test...

Give it a try and report back...

larryd

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    I've seen vehicles start but when voltage drops very low when starting sometimes the radio & clocks loose their memory...A simple test would be to hook up a 12 volt jumper battery to your Spyder battery and then start the bike to see if the problem is still there or its not...

You could use a 12 V. lawn & garden tractor or another vehicle...You may need motorcycle jumper cables to hook on the bike battery...

This is a very simple test...

Give it a try and report back...

larryd
    That's a possibility I suggested earlier, but not likely. The reason being if the battery voltage drops below 10.5 the cluster blanks out and the starter won't kick in. I think the clock would stay powered down to the 10.5 level and then reset, but at that point the starter won't work either. I think he's got a bad cluster.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

UPDATE: I installed the battery tender through my Spydercuff Powerplate yesterday, and it was red for about 45mins, then turned green. Clock still doesn't work. When I get it inspected in July, I'm going to have them try to fix it.
    2020 Can Am Spyder RT Limited "The Comet #2"

Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Passenger Armrests From Can Am
    Wolo Big Bad Max Airhorn
    Lamonster Top Cuff W/Ram Ball
    Lamonster Power Plate
    Tackform Phone Mount
    Key Cover from Ebay
    Lamonster Mirror Locks
    Ultragard Cover from Lamonster
    Top Grills from Spyderpops
    Garage Door Opener from Spyderpops