Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FINFAN3DP View Post
    I'm looking for a full front setup though. I don't want to have to go in the trunk every time I stop somewhere. I like the ram mount though, but I notice you don't have the tether on it, aren't you worried about losing the phone?
    I'm curious why you are so all fired up hell bent to have the phone up front. You haven't answered my earlier question. If you're using the phone for music only have you considered getting an iPod and leaving it in the trunk? Or, if you're using the phone to stream music then consider putting a Bluetooth receiver in the trunk and BT connect your phone to it. Either of these options will negate needing to run the cables to the front.

I have a hard time understanding your assertion that the engineers were stupid for putting the iPod connection in the trunk. For the intended/expected use of it I see it as a perfectly sensible place to put it.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I'm curious why you are so all fired up hell bent to have the phone up front. You haven't answered my earlier question. If you're using the phone for music only have you considered getting an iPod and leaving it in the trunk? Or, if you're using the phone to stream music then consider putting a Bluetooth receiver in the trunk and BT connect your phone to it. Either of these options will negate needing to run the cables to the front.
    Besides using it for streaming Sirius radio, i plan on using the Waze app with it. If you have never tried the Waze app, please check it out. Plus, I don't want to have to go into the trunk each and every time i use the bike. (and I am anti i-crapple big time)
    2020 Can Am Spyder RT Limited "The Comet #2"

Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Passenger Armrests From Can Am
    Wolo Big Bad Max Airhorn
    Lamonster Top Cuff W/Ram Ball
    Lamonster Power Plate
    Tackform Phone Mount
    Key Cover from Ebay
    Lamonster Mirror Locks
    Ultragard Cover from Lamonster
    Top Grills from Spyderpops
    Garage Door Opener from Spyderpops
    3.5mm Extension from Amazon
    Lamonster USB Cable Holder & Cable
    Foam Grips from Spyderpops
    Tricled Strobe Brake Light module
    Tricled Bag Lights (replace reflectors)
    Tricled Turn/Brake/Run Signals Rear
    Tricled Floorboard Lights
    Tricled Sequential Run/Turn Fender Lights
    Tricled A-Frame Run/Turn Lights
    Tricled LED American Flag Mount & Flag
    Showchrome American Flag
    2020 RT Limited , Says Chalk White, but in person it is much more gray

Spyder Garage

The ram mount holds the phone securely The single pole report I have has two USB slots and you can pull that unit out and you have a 12 V cigarette. Mine is wired directly to the battery so it's hot all the time. I believe Lamonster has a dual power port unit and various other configurations . The wiring went straight down the front but I did have to drill a small hole in the side interior of the Frunk which made it easier to get the wires through to the battery . Also how do you the Lamonster spider cuff With another ram mount and ball so everything is up front

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tatonka View Post
    The ram mount holds the phone securely The single pole report I have has two USB slots and you can pull that unit out and you have a 12 V cigarette. Mine is wired directly to the battery so it's hot all the time. I believe Lamonster has a dual power port unit and various other configurations . The wiring went straight down the front but I did have to drill a small hole in the side interior of the Frunk which made it easier to get the wires through to the battery . Also how do you the Lamonster spider cuff With another ram mount and ball so everything is up front
    The sirius app is on my phone and so is the Waze App, so no need for two.
    2020 Can Am Spyder RT Limited "The Comet #2"

Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Passenger Armrests From Can Am
    Wolo Big Bad Max Airhorn
    Lamonster Top Cuff W/Ram Ball
    Lamonster Power Plate
    Tackform Phone Mount
    Key Cover from Ebay
    Lamonster Mirror Locks
    Ultragard Cover from Lamonster
    Top Grills from Spyderpops
    Garage Door Opener from Spyderpops
    3.5mm Extension from Amazon
    Lamonster USB Cable Holder & Cable
    Foam Grips from Spyderpops
    Tricled Strobe Brake Light module
    Tricled Bag Lights (replace reflectors)
    Tricled Turn/Brake/Run Signals Rear
    Tricled Floorboard Lights
    Tricled Sequential Run/Turn Fender Lights
    Tricled A-Frame Run/Turn Lights
    Tricled LED American Flag Mount & Flag
    Showchrome American Flag
    2020 RT Limited , Says Chalk White, but in person it is much more gray

Spyder Garage

Besides using it for streaming Sirius radio, i plan on using the Waze app with it. If you have never tried the Waze app, please check it out. Plus, I don't want to have to go into the trunk each and every time i use the bike. (and I am anti i-crapple big time)
    I can understand anti big A! If you haven't considered using a BT receiver in the trunk I would suggest you do so. Lamont has a good one with a mini stereo plug, http://www.lamonstergarage.com/bluet...rt-f3t-st-br1/. Although, I would suggest you get one that the iPod cable plugs into. It'll stay charged that way without having to run a cable to the power outlet. Here's one such unit: https://www.amazon.com/Aluratek-Blue.../dp/B00CG5EH7E I have one that I picked up from a Lowe's display, I think. Anyway, you put the phone in the mount up front like you want and just run a power cable to it from a USB power adapter you can install. Then pair the phone to the receiver and all your audio from the phone goes into the bike audio the same as it would if the phone was hard wire connected to the iPod connector. Most USB power adapters are dual port so you could power a second device up front, not just your phone, and you save the hassle of all the cable rerouting and lengthening that you need in order to do what you want.

If you get a BT receiver that is 4.1 protocol it will automatically connect any time your phone is within range. I occasionally listen to Pandora using my Android phone on my RT. Works great except that my BT receiver is version 2+ and doesn't automatically reconnect.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

If you have never tried the Waze app, please check it out.
    I've checked it out but it requires a full time data connection, doesn't it? When I can get all the phone service I need for $10/month from Red Pocket I have no desire to spend another $50/mo just to hear traffic reports! For driving directions my Sygic app works just fine! On the other hand it might be worth using if the data usage when I travel stays under 1 Gb/mo. I can get that for $20/mo.

2014 Copper RTS

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I've checked it out but it requires a full time data connection, doesn't it? When I can get all the phone service I need for $10/month from Red Pocket I have no desire to spend another $50/mo just to hear traffic reports! For driving directions my Sygic app works just fine! On the other hand it might be worth using if the data usage when I travel stays under 1 Gb/mo. I can get that for $20/mo.
    Wow $10 per month ( Red Pocket ) …… please elaborate …… Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Wow $10 per month ( Red Pocket ) …… please elaborate …… Mike
    All the details at RedPocket.com. A lot of good discussion on Howardforums.com in the General Prepaid discussion subforum. They offer a number of prepaid plans for amounts of minutes/text/data from 500 minutes, 500 texts, & 500 mb for $10/mo up to unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, & 20 Gb data for $60/mo. They have family plans too but I haven't paid attention to the details of those. They offer service on all four networks, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, & Verizon. You bring your own phone.

2014 Copper RTS