Spyder Garage

Default Panel removal question

]I have a friend that recently bought a pre-owned 2013 RT SE5. She wants me to show her how to change the oil. I downloaded the 2013 owners manual and discovered that a lot of panels have to be removed to get to the plugs and filters. The manual says to remove the LH side panel, bottom front side panel, and bottom rear side panel. When I get to the part about removing the LH bottom rear side panel it says to remove the middle side panel, the top side panel and the rear side panel. I don't see a photo or description of a middle side panel. Are there any shortcuts that anyone can suggest? I think I am also supposed to remove the bottom plate under the oil tank. I own an F3-S that requires much less panel removal.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Lamont has a page at http://www.lamonstergarage.com/rt-998-oil-change/ that will help.
    I don't remove all the panels that the manual says following Lamont's idea.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVulKP4_GaU&t=47s

Video showing how to remove panels.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

too really be honest , if you are doing any thing in the engine area , and taken off a panel , as this 2013 model , go ahead and take off a lot of those panels , look around in side the covered areas , look at the wiring harness , check those hoses for leak drips that have not become a problem , but will on the road ... do a cleaning job while your in there , wash off the dust and dirt , check the drive belt , and look for belt shavings and of rust under the drive gear right out of the engine ... these are a few of our favorite thingsssss " that make you feel sooooo glad " ( wow sorry a bit of sound of music slip out ) ... but really it will give you a piece of mind when you put her back together , knowning that you did a lot better service , as in a dealer ship type service ...( it really isn`t that much harder to do , just more time too take care of something that is fun as heck on the road !