Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default My steering problem, always had it.

Well after 2000 miles I just realize that I have a steering problem that has been on the bike from I got it. I got the change to ride a SM5 today (mine a SE5) and now I found out that my steering does not work at a stand still, it is stiff most of the time and sometime jerk a bit while trying to turn it. I do hope mine will come under the recall when they release it and or I will have to find new dealer to fix this, as in previous post I mentions that Motorcycle Mall in Belleville NJ is the worst and will not even take anything from them for free. On the recommendation of a few from the forum I plan on riding down to Ledgewood Kawasaki in Ledgewood NJ tomorrow to check them out and see if they will become my service dealer, any other Spyder owners in the area want to meet up there or ride down together I will be heading from north NJ close to the Lincoln Tunnel area.

Spyder Garage

Your steering problem is more severe than the one the recall was issued for, and should be addressed with mechanical repairs. Others have had similar problems that required component replacement, not mere programming changes as this recall will provide. You need to get your Spyder to a competent dealer.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by burg650 View Post
    Well after 2000 miles I just realize that I have a steering problem that has been on the bike from I got it. I got the change to ride a SM5 today (mine a SE5) and now I found out that my steering does not work at a stand still, it is stiff most of the time and sometime jerk a bit while trying to turn it. I do hope mine will come under the recall when they release it and or I will have to find new dealer to fix this, as in previous post I mentions that Motorcycle Mall in Belleville NJ is the worst and will not even take anything from them for free. On the recommendation of a few from the forum I plan on riding down to Ledgewood Kawasaki in Ledgewood NJ tomorrow to check them out and see if they will become my service dealer, any other Spyder owners in the area want to meet up there or ride down together I will be heading from north NJ close to the Lincoln Tunnel area.
    I just want to agree with you on Motorcycle Mall,what a freaking nightmare! Thanks, richie