Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Problem with Fuel cap -> solved

Yes guys, I did face the same issue as many of you out there with F3 models.. bloody fuel cap
    so i did put my hands on Lamonster Keyless Fuel Cap.. whaaaaaaaat an upgrade

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the video, Martin. Yep, I changed mine out for the same reasons as you.

I didn’t go to the trouble of painting the screw heads though. I just ran over the heads of my screws with a black permanent marker once they were in. 3 months later and the heads are still black.

I DO have an issue with the new cap of petrol overflowing when I fill the tank (looks like some Ryker riders are experiencing that too), but Lamont hasn’t heard of any other F3 riders seeing that. It might be the design of the Aussie pumps, but I have easily rectified that by slowing down the fill speed when I get near the top.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Pete, Lamont made a video on how to prevent the back flow of fuel. Insert the nozzle of the gas pump as far in as it will go. The fuel will then shut off before you get overflow.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

I installed the same one on my wife's limited as I did not want her to have any issues putting in fuel.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats...

Thanks for the video. It is a nice set up and makes it much easier...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Martin thanks for the video.
    I watched a couple of your other videos. You don't seem to be put off by dirt/gravel roads. Do you have a belt guard? Have had any issues on dirt/gravel?
    F3 sounds great btw.
    Thanks again.
    2014 ST-S , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Damn.... permanent marker... aggrrrrrrr... how could i not think about that....
    and I will be careful with the petrol on my first try, as i dont know how it will work in EU as well.
    good points Pete... good points.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Thanks for the video, Martin. Yep, I changed mine out for the same reasons as you.

I didn’t go to the trouble of painting the screw heads though. I just ran over the heads of my screws with a black permanent marker once they were in. 3 months later and the heads are still black.

I DO have an issue with the new cap of petrol overflowing when I fill the tank (looks like some Ryker riders are experiencing that too), but Lamont hasn’t heard of any other F3 riders seeing that. It might be the design of the Aussie pumps, but I have easily rectified that by slowing down the fill speed when I get near the top.

Pete

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by glennm View Post
    Martin thanks for the video.
    I watched a couple of your other videos. You don't seem to be put off by dirt/gravel roads. Do you have a belt guard? Have had any issues on dirt/gravel?
    F3 sounds great btw.
    Thanks again.
    Hi Glenn,
    no belt guard.. I use and abuse but I do take good care of #TheBeast
    so in general, when riding on crazy roads, I do try to look ahead as much as possible to predict possible rocks etc.. its hard sometimes as I like to say I rYde like an idiot and many times I just cannot control the speed in reasonable limits )))))
    M.

Spyder Garage

No, i disagree. I think that the problem is not solved. By having to install another expensive gas cap ... BRP has to offer a solution for such an expensive vehicle!

Spyder Garage

I fix these for free for my customers all the time. Its just the latch mechanism that uses a 45deg plunger face. The latch binds up from lack of lubrication. Couple of squirts of a good lubricant like TriFlow and it works just fine for a long time. I have had to relube mine about once a year.

WD40 is NOT a lubricant.

Lubrication of mechanical parts of a motorcycle is basic maintenance, not a design fault.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Slovakia View Post
    Hi Glenn,
    no belt guard.. I use and abuse but I do take good care of #TheBeast
    so in general, when riding on crazy roads, I do try to look ahead as much as possible to predict possible rocks etc.. its hard sometimes as I like to say I rYde like an idiot and many times I just cannot control the speed in reasonable limits )))))
    M.
    Thanks again Martin I do enjoy your videos.
    2014 ST-S , Cognac