Spyder Garage

Default 2009 se5 rear rotor/brake pad replacement

anyone have step by step instructions on how to replace rotor and brake pads ?

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

For your 09 GS/RS, this series of videos might help out with a few things for you, although the oil change video will not cover your HCM filter. Rear brake is video #10. And take note, compress the brake cylinder with the C-clamp before you remove the old pads.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...pdated-Version

Unless you have signs of physical damage, or just want to upgrade, it is not necessary to replace the rotor when doing a standard brake job. And of course, to replace your rear rotor, the wheel needs to come off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_QV0WaRNVM

After that, removing the rotor is self explanatory.

Doug

2012 Spyder RT LTD Lava Bronze, RT 622

Original Owner

Seal Pups, F4 Customs SWCV, Corbin, JT's Air Filter, Cat Bypass, Power Commander V, NBV, SpyderFlap, Rivco Dual Flag Holder, Lidlox, Baja Ron Sway Bar, links, plugs and wires, Adjustable Chrome Side Vents, Spyderpops Block Off Plate and Belt Guard, Bump Skid, Canisterectomy, Akrapovic, TricLed HL/FL, Spyder Cuff with X-Grip, S-Drive, Rock Armour, P238, Laser Alignment by Gray Ghost, Windshield Arm by Noboot, Vibration Dampener by Doc.

Spyder Garage

Thank you for these videos.....Very helpful !!

Spyder Garage

FYI,,,,,
    I am thinkin the brake cylinder is a screw in type! Its is on mine anyway.....A c clamp will damage it. FYI...Mine is 2014.Might be different.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TONYO View Post
    FYI,,,,,
    I am thinkin the brake cylinder is a screw in type! Its is on mine anyway.....A c clamp will damage it. FYI...Mine is 2014.Might be different.
    2013+ models use the Brembo brake system. Completely different animal. All he needs is a C-Clamp to compress the caliper pistons.
    Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default Rear brake caliper piston not retracting.......

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    2013+ models use the Brembo brake system. Completely different animal. All he needs is a C-Clamp to compress the caliper pistons.
    I've tried to compress piston on rear brake of 2008 GS and it will not retract. I put huge press on it with a C clamp and would not move. What am I not doing correctly?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TMoo View Post
    I've tried to compress piston on rear brake of 2008 GS and it will not retract. I put huge press on it with a C clamp and would not move. What am I not doing correctly?
    Did you retract the parking brake? Twist the shaft that the parking brake sector goes on counter clockwise.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S