Thread: Recall issue

Spyder Garage

Default Recall issue

I took a friend down to look at new Spyders - we have two dealers within 40 miles of each other. One was actively selling bikes (FULL MSRP), and the other wouldn't even let us test ride one. They (#2) said "BRP has told them that ALL Spyders are on hold, and not to be ridden until the fix for the recall is complete. AND that the dealer had nothing from BRP regarding the "FIX".

Anyone have any idea as to who is right??

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I took a friend down to look at new Spyders - we have two dealers within 40 miles of each other. One was actively selling bikes (FULL MSRP), and the other wouldn't even let us test ride one. They (#2) said "BRP has told them that ALL Spyders are on hold, and not to be ridden until the fix for the recall is complete. AND that the dealer had nothing from BRP regarding the "FIX".

Anyone have any idea as to who is right??
    My guess would be that the dealer who told you no rides, is worried about thier Liability insurance.

Spyder Garage

At least on the east coast, it has been a decade or two since you could expect to test drive anything at a dealership
    Happy owner of Silver PE #1232
    All The Gear All The Time - ATGATT
    Gulf Coast SpyderRyders

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am on the east coast "Raleigh NC" and never have a problem testing driving just about any dealer I go to unless it is used or from a private seller which I understand.

Spyder Garage

Dealer (A) is still "business as usual", and (B) won't even quote one - said he'd call when the "fix" is in and completed. I think I prefer the "safety first" viewpoint...