Thread: 2019 Changes

Spyder Garage

Default 2019 Changes

Reading thru the owners manual on my new 2019 F3 Ltd I came across changes from previous model years. I have the 2018 service and owners manuals downloaded so that is what I've used for comparison to my 2019.

First: The 2018 manual lists tire pressure as; front 15 +/- 2 psi and rear as 28 +/- 2 psi
    The 2019 manual lists tire pressure as; front 17 psi and rear 30 psi

Second: The 2018 manual lists oil capacity for the SE6 (with engine oil filter change) as 5.0 US quarts
    The 2019 manual lists oil capacity for the SE6 (with engine oil filter change) as 5.5 US quarts. I'm wondering if BRP increased the capacity of the oil tank for 2019?

There may be other changes as well but this is what I've noticed so far. If I'm wrong or reading this incorrectly someone please correct me.
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

There is no external oil tank on a 1330. I can also verify the engine assembly itself, other than color, has not changed significantly from 2014 to current. Can personally verify that a 2019 engine is a drop in replacement for a 2015 bike. I have one. No change in oil capacity.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    There is no external oil tank on a 1330. I can also verify the engine assembly itself, other than color, has not changed significantly from 2014 to current. Can personally verify that a 2019 engine is a drop in replacement for a 2015 bike. I have one. No change in oil capacity.
    How bout we call it a reservoir instead My point being that the owners manual for 2019 is calling for 5.5 quarts - doesn't seem right but that's what it says.
    Page 91 of the 2018 Service Manual reads as follows:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Ever considered the 2018 is wrong?
    My 2014 RT (same engine) takes 5.5
    Regardless, it doesn't really matter.
    If you or the tech does what the manual states YOU and your machine are legally covered. End of story.

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLongRider View Post
    How bout we call it a reservoir instead My point being that the owners manual for 2019 is calling for 5.5 quarts - doesn't seem right but that's what it says.
    Page 91 of the 2018 Service Manual reads as follows:

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

Call it whatever you want. There is no tank, reservoir etc external to the engine. The dry sump system is fully contained inside the block with no external oil lines. There is no change in the actual block from 2014 to 2019. I cannot explain the change in verbiage but the physical engines are the same. Only changes have been color and a few small internal parts have been changed, presumably to upgrade but could be just a change in supplier too. All electrical connections are also exactly the same and compatible with the older harness and electronics. Not even a software change required.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

The correct fill procedure is not 'dump 5.5 qts in the thing and done' Does not really matter what the advised quantity is other than having sufficient oil on hand to do the job. The engine is filled by partial fill, engine run, dipstick read, add as required to bring to correct reading. Most 1330s actually require a bit under 5 qts to get there. Dumping 5.5 into a recently drained and oil filter changed engine will likely result in an overfilled engine. I have had several done this way by dealers that I had to correct because oil was pushing out the fill tube while riding and making a mess.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Call it whatever you want. There is no tank, reservoir etc external to the engine. The dry sump system is fully contained inside the block with no external oil lines. There is no change in the actual block from 2014 to 2019. I cannot explain the change in verbiage but the physical engines are the same. Only changes have been color and a few small internal parts have been changed, presumably to upgrade but could be just a change in supplier too. All electrical connections are also exactly the same and compatible with the older harness and electronics. Not even a software change required.
    There is a dashboard change too. 2019 F3-S now has 7.6" wide digital display and Sport Mode function.
    2015 F3-S in Magnesium with Can Am red frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra
    Xmas present to me and from myself on 6/11/2015 - 02/09/2018

2019 F3-S Special Series in Liquid Titanium with Orange frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Signature Light with switch to turn it off and on.
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Spyder Garage

The lights have been removed from the mirrors and the front fenders lights looks like the same lights that are on the Ryker.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaspeed View Post
    The lights have been removed from the mirrors and the front fenders lights looks like the same lights that are on the Ryker.
    The turn-signal lights are in the front fenders and there are no lights in the mirrors.

Looks like they did this to all the RT & F3 Models.
    Marilyn 2023 RTL Red
    John 2023 RTL Black

previous:
    2015 RTS SE6 Red
    2015 F3S SE6 Silver
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaspeed View Post
    I was installing my LED headlights and fog lights yesterday when I went to put the mirror covers back on I noticed the turn signals were missing from the mirrors, lol
    I like the look on the fenders.

Spyder Garage

Today while putting a coat of wax on the 19', I noticed the front fenders are 1 piece.