Spyder Garage

Default BRP Connect and Genius Maps on 2018 RT Limited

In Nov. I bought a '18 RT Limited. I was able to download the BRP Connect on my phone, pair it with my bike, download both Genius Map applications and can use the Genius maps with my phone. My question is -- has anyone used this application (Genius Maps) actually on the bike? Do you put the destination in the phone first and then connect to your bike and does it then come through on the dash so you can navigate?

One other question, I have heard that when you purchase the two Genius Map applications that BRP will reimburse you. Does anyone know how to go about this? I have heard that my dealer should know about this -- apparently they do not.

Thank you!

Spyder Garage

To answer both your questions - you can program destination both ways, but much easier to do it on phone before connecting. Second, mine came with a card in instruction packet where i could sent it in for a rebate of the purchases connected to Genius Maps. Hope this helps you out.

2014 Cognac RT Limited #185 (destroyed in T-Bone wreck 3/21/2014)
    2014 Cognac RT Limited #5333 (replacement 5/16/2014)
    2018 Champagne RT Limited #1002 (traded 1/31/2018)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There is also Sygic Maps which is cheaper but no cash card to cover cost. Much easier to use and create routes similar to the way you can on Google Maps. Both can be worked on either using the phone or on the bike. Much easier on the phone.

You'll need bike purchase receipt, Genius Maps receipt and car connection receipt to get cash card. There should be info in the Owners Manual package.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Flamewinger, I did get a $90 cash card with Sygic, same process. Thx
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Thanks, krazykat, for this information! I did not get an instruction packet with Genius Maps. My dealer is checking into this and I will also contact Genius Maps. Thanks, again!

Spyder Garage

Thanks, Flamewinger, for this information!

Spyder Garage

I receive3d the rebate Call BRP and they can give you the site or google BRP Genius rebate