Spyder Garage

Default Spyderpops BRT rear light kit with no turn function?

We are great believers about being seen, our Goldwing trike has been described as lit up like a Christmas tree. On our 2018 RTL we have the front bumpskid with LED lights we keep set to act like a headlight modulator, and we always have the fog lights on.
    We are planning on getting a Spyderpops BRT rear lighting kit to add some visibility to the rear of our Spyder. We like the running lights, brake lights with the flash and the turn signals.
    Well, sort of.
    We were riding behind someone with the light kit and Gloria really didn't like the whole half of the kit working as turn signals. I mean really didn't like it. She thought the vertical turn signals on the saddlebags were good as they are at the outside of the rear, but she insists the horizontal light on the trunk were confusing as turn signals and just won't have it.
    So, on Spyderpops RT BRT light kit can the horizontal LEDs on the trunk be disconnected from the turn signals while leaving the running/brake lights operating while leaving the vertical saddlebag lights working as running, brake and turn lights?
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Spyder Garage

Gotta ask Harvey, probably something they can do in house. That way they can work it out & test it till it's what you like. Plus is always a good ryde& comfortable shop to visit. Give him a call with season coming up they might have lots of services lined up already.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Yep, diodes. Power to lights tied together from both brake light signal wires through diodes. No back flow through diode.
    PITA.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkryder View Post
    So, on Spyderpops RT BRT light kit can the horizontal LEDs on the trunk be disconnected from the turn signals while leaving the running/brake lights operating while leaving the vertical saddlebag lights working as running, brake and turn lights?
    Take a look at the Custom Dynamics high mount brake light. You can get it without the turn signal leds.

https://www.customdynamics.com/hmt-l...models?cat=168

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

+1 for the Custom Dynamics High-mounted Brake Light.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Spyder Garage

I have been a customer of Custom Dynamics for about 10 years and always found their products and customer service top notch. Gloria ordered the high mount brake light, but she is a big believer that you can't be too noticeable. And as they say, "If Momma ain't happy...."
    On the Goldwing trike we have the normal lights on the OEM trunk, a tour trunk trim light kit, the trunk spoiler running/brake light, Champion's standard fender lights, Hyperlights run/turn/flashing brake lights, and 3 LED Custom Dynamics TruFlex light bars.

This is basically what Gloria is aiming at:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Spyder Garage

Hi ozarkryder,
    Did you get horizontal LEDs on the trunk disconnected from the turn signals while leaving the running/brake lights operating while leaving the vertical saddlebag lights working as running/brake? What was involved to do it? Thanks.
    We are great believers about being seen, our Goldwing trike has been described as lit up like a Christmas tree. On our 2018 RTL we have the front bumpskid with LED lights we keep set to act like a headlight modulator, and we always have the fog lights on.
    We are planning on getting a Spyderpops BRT rear lighting kit to add some visibility to the rear of our Spyder. We like the running lights, brake lights with the flash and the turn signals.
    Well, sort of.
    We were riding behind someone with the light kit and Gloria really didn't like the whole half of the kit working as turn signals. I mean really didn't like it. She thought the vertical turn signals on the saddlebags were good as they are at the outside of the rear, but she insists the horizontal light on the trunk were confusing as turn signals and just won't have it.
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Don't know if it will help, but those who can't be mentioned here also have a rear light option called Safety LED Piezo brake bullet strobe module that can be added to the black rear fender surround in one, two, or three light options that are truly very bright. Alternately, if their still around I have the older High Mount Brake/Turn/Tail light that is the old style that has separate yellow turns signals outside the brake/running light component.
    20190407_205509.jpg
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

MeudtPG asked:
    Hi ozarkryder,
    Did you get horizontal LEDs on the trunk disconnected from the turn signals while leaving the running/brake lights operating while leaving the vertical saddlebag lights working as running/brake? What was involved to do it? Thanks.

Haven't gotten around to ordering the Spyderpops RT rear LED lighting kit yet. (Also available from Lamonster Garage for the same price) Had a bout of medical issues and had my prostate removed. Just getting back to normal, cancer free and the doctor cleared me to resume normal activities.
    After the post I made I got a PM from Spyderpops saying to get in touch with them and they could get a plan going to fix me up. Sending them an email when I get done with this post. I'm pretty sure it is cutting or deleting a connection, but if they can do it I'll let those who know do it the right way.

DGoebel Mentions some other products from other vendors. We looked as some of those, and we did order a high mounted brake light. The Admiral (Yes, I am the Captain and Commander of this Spyder ship, but the Admiralty tells the Captain what to do.) likes the multitude of lights across the trunk and the turn signals on the back of the saddlebags, but doesn't like the whole half of the lights flashing with the turn signals. She wants the vertical saddlebag lights to work as turn signals, but not the horizontal trunk lights.

Spyder Garage

MeudtPG asked:
    Hi ozarkryder,

Haven't gotten around to ordering the Spyderpops RT rear LED lighting kit yet. (Also available from Lamonster Garage for the same price) Had a bout of medical issues and had my prostate removed. Just getting back to normal, cancer free and the doctor cleared me to resume normal activities.
    After the post I made I got a PM from Spyderpops saying to get in touch with them and they could get a plan going to fix me up. Sending them an email when I get done with this post. I'm pretty sure it is cutting or deleting a connection, but if they can do it I'll let those who know do it the right way.

DGoebel Mentions some other products from other vendors. We looked as some of those, and we did order a high mounted brake light. The Admiral (Yes, I am the Captain and Commander of this Spyder ship, but the Admiralty tells the Captain what to do.) likes the multitude of lights across the trunk and the turn signals on the back of the saddlebags, but doesn't like the whole half of the lights flashing with the turn signals. She wants the vertical saddlebag lights to work as turn signals, but not the horizontal trunk lights.

I can agree, Mixing the orientation of the lights does help catch some attention. Personally have a little assortment myself IMG_3017.jpg IMG_6228.jpgthe longer lights are tail & brake, the smaller ones (Rivico)brake only & modulate when brake is on. The front fender lights are driving & turn. I get positive comments, of how well they see me, from anyone that follows me for the first time.
    Last edited by Bfromla; 05-28-2019 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Pic, edit signature

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack