Spyder Garage

Default Avoid the Blue Ridge windshield

I have a 2015 F3 that I bought in July 2016. The first Blue Ridge windshield was replaced under warranty because if developed cracks spidering out from the front mount. The dealer said replacement under warranty was a onetime offering. Here it is January 2019 and the same thing is starting on the second windshield. See the crack at the red arrow in the picture. Neither windshield was hit by anything. This is just from normal ryding. I'm going to wait awhile til it gets really bad before I join the rest of you and shop for an aftermarket windshield. The Blue Ridge windshield is trash. Avoid it at all costs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Spyder Garage

Drill a small hole at the end of the crack and it will stop it from going any more.

Spyder Garage

I tried a Blue Ridge windshield on my 2015 F3S and it was the worst windshield that I have ever used with turbulence that for me was totally unacceptable. After returning my x1 used windshield, I went to a F4 windshield that turned out to be one of the finest windshields I have ever used for tamping down turbulence and also its scratchproof coating qualities. I hope you get an opportunity to try one of F4's offering when/if you decide to change.

Spyder Garage

You can't go wrong with F4 windshield. Awesome windshield. Toughest on the market and no buffeting.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue