Spyder Garage

Default Enclosed trailer....

Looking to get into an inexpensive enclosed trailer for my F3.

Anyone find any great deals out there?

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Trailer for what? Towing behind the Spyder or loading the Spyder into for towing behind your bus/motor home/truck????

I modified an inexpensive Pace 7x12 to accommodate the wyder Spyder. >CLICK ME<

to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    Trailer for what? Towing behind the Spyder or loading the Spyder into for towing behind your bus/motor home/truck????

I modified an inexpensive Pace 7x12 to accommodate the wyder Spyder. >CLICK ME<

Kudo's on the trailer traction issue …… What I did was to dimple ( with a large nail ) some 26ga.galvanized sheet metal 6" X 10' ( and screwed it onto my center ramp ), it looks like a " cheese " grater :roflblack…...I put my Spyder on my trk for long distance travel.( see my album on this ) .... I climb 30 in. on 10 ft ramps …. I have done this in the pouring rain, and it has NEVER slipped...………. those shingles have decent traction, but are fragile ……………...Nice DIY tho ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Kudo's on the trailer traction issue …… What I did was to dimple ( with a large nail ) some 26ga.galvanized sheet metal 6" X 10' ( and screwed it onto my center ramp ), it looks like a " cheese " grater :roflblack…...I put my Spyder on my trk for long distance travel.( see my album on this ) .... I climb 30 in. on 10 ft ramps …. I have done this in the pouring rain, and it has NEVER slipped...………. those shingles have decent traction, but are fragile ……………...Nice DIY tho ….. Mike
    Hey Bor

I got the same response from a cousin who said "You don't wanna use shingles, they will wear out!" But, he's a guy that will use a 6x6 beam when a 2x6 would be overkill. I load the Spyder twice a year into it. I can replace the shingles easily but I've never had to in the last 3 years. Your cheese grater is a good idea except I use this trailer as living quarters from time to time and the sharp metal might be a hazard. Shingles not so much. Great idea tho
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    Hey Bor

I got the same response from a cousin who said "You don't wanna use shingles, they will wear out!" But, he's a guy that will use a 6x6 beam when a 2x6 would be overkill. I load the Spyder twice a year into it. I can replace the shingles easily but I've never had to in the last 3 years. Your cheese grater is a good idea except I use this trailer as living quarters from time to time and the sharp metal might be a hazard. Shingles not so much. Great idea tho
    Thanks , but like I said I have to climb a very steep incline, and sometimes in Bad weather ….. so the shingles are not an option for me...… Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Thanks , but like I said I have to climb a very steep incline, and sometimes in Bad weather ….. so the shingles are not an option for me...… Mike
    Yup, that's preetty steeeep!