Spyder Garage

Default Dynojet Powervision or Monster Fuel Injection?

I know there is a thread on ECU flashing but it has kind of devolved into whether a stage II flash is worth it. I want to do something with my Spyder by spring (2013 RT-S). I kept hearing that Dynojet was coming out with a Powervision for the Spyder but had about given up on that happening and was about to ship off my ECU to Monster for a stage I flash ($350). It seems to pretty well used and recommended on here.
    It was pointed out to me this week that the Powervision was now available so I looked and it does list some Spyders if you use the vehicle fitment search. They only list the RT for 2016-2017 and the F3 for 2015-2018. So I emailed them about the availability of one for my Spyder and this was their response:
    "The PowerVision has the ability to work on your model. The problem is that there are many stock files from Canam for each model and if we have not seen that file yet then we would need you to send in your ECM. Once we have that we can get you a tune to start with. We won't know if this is the case until you get the PV and connect to the vehicle though."
    So many questions. Since they don't list it I guess I would have to call to order? I assume the price would be the same as the other versions ($399). If they don't have any tunes for it I would have to send the ECU to them. Do they just make up a generic tune and then you have to play with it or do they have some good dyno proven tunes that really work? The 998 engine is very different from the 1330 engine. Has anyone purchased the Powervision for their Spyder? If so, how did it work? I will probably have to call them but thought I would see what opinions I would get on here first.
    Thanks,
    Keith

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You have the V-twin engine …. I believe there were only two versions of that engine ( as far as the cc's were concerned )….. but I also believe the computers were the same ….. I'm not sure where those folks are coming from with the multiple versions thing ….. Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Keith, do some more research and make some more phone calls. You're right. Too many unanswered questions regarding your situation. Others would like to know what you come up with. Good luck.