Spyder Garage

Default Great list of Rides to challenge the Rally drivers

This is another website I use to create my list of future rides to consider, these include many un-paved roads,
    https://www.dangerousroads.org/north-america/usa.html

I'm thinking that these would be some great experiences for the Rally's, Almost makes me want to buy one myself.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

thanks for that link. Some I have already ridden but many I have not and will have to put on the list. The paved ones would be fun for any Spyder.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Now that I have a Rally, I can do some of these roads!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RykerUSA View Post
    Now that I have a Rally, I can do some of these roads!!
    I would ask you Ryker Rally Riders to log, blog, vlog whichever and document the "off-pavement" rides and tell us watching and waiting folks how it really handles real-world off pavement riding.
    Maybe we should have you guys start a Ryker Rally Off-Pavement challenge!
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

I grew up in Durango so Red Mountain Pass and the Million Dollar Highway were in my back yard and I was driving them at 16 and still driving them (once a year now) at 75. I've also driven many of the others but oddly enough, never the "Oh-My-God" road. Black Bear a number of times on dirt bikes (DO NOT GO THERE WITH YOUR RYKER!), Mt. Evans, Mosquito (another NO GO for a Ryker), Beartooth, Loveland, Apache Trail (great Ryker road in AZ), Going to the Sun, Tail of the Dragon, Pikes Peak (never on a bike, just a TR4), and the most dangerous according to the web site, Monarch Pass. Oddly enough, I was a CO State Trooper out of Gunnison, CO in the 70's and the west side of Monarch was mine. I can vouch for the number of accidents there, some quite nasty (a long way to the bottom and difficult to bring bodies up out of the canyon!)
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Anyone have a good idea just how tough the Rally tires are? The rocks on some of those mountain roads, especially here in Idaho, can tear up a thin tire pretty quickly. Tires are the main thing I wonder about. I would like to get a Rally just for mountain roads, and there are a lot them here. Any idea if the Rally tires could be run down at 5 to 6 psi like ATV tires are?

Go to that link above and put Idaho in the search box. You'll get quite a few hits and the videos with them show the roads pretty good.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)