Spyder Garage

Default Some thoughts re: Ryker and F3

Here in NorCal, Rykers are few and far between. We're only getting the 600s until June or July because the 900s are having difficulty passing CARB certification.

I finally got down to the local dealer and was able to check out a 600 Ryker. I'm a pretty big guy, so I found the seat a little on the small side, but there is a larger and higher replacement seat available...would be a necessity for me. I like the adjustable pegs and brake pedal; I wish other moto manufacturers would figure out how to do this. I'd need a bit more carrying capacity...probably a tail pack (wondeer if Givi is working on it?), which requires the tail carrier frame. Also possibly the side case. And definitely a windshield (Givi...how about an AirFlow?). About $11K out the door with none of the things I mentioned installed.

They also had an F-3T and an RT parked next to it. I generally liked the F-3T...the footpegs and brake can be relocated to fit the rider-once....but didn't care for the angle of the brake pedal. The RT didn't fit at all...legs bent too far underneath me and very awkward to get to the brake pedal. Both had the SE6 transmission, about which I've heard conflicting reports regarding its reliability. Of the two, I preferred the F-3T. Of the three, I liked the Ryker, but I'm kind of a minimalist anyway.

Not ready to make the jump to three wheels yet, but thought I'd share my thoughts as a guy considering making the jump to 3. They're worth exactly what you paid for them

Spyder Garage

That's about the best thing to do. Look at the different models, test rides, and pick the best one for you. Hoping the weather will break and I can test ride the Ryker and F3.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rocinante54 View Post

They also had an F-3T and an RT parked next to it. I generally liked the F-3T...the footpegs and brake can be relocated to fit the rider-once....but didn't care for the angle of the brake pedal. The RT didn't fit at all...legs bent too far underneath me and very awkward to get to the brake pedal. Both had the SE6 transmission, about which I've heard conflicting reports regarding its reliability. Of the two, I preferred the F-3T. Of the three, I liked the Ryker, but I'm kind of a minimalist anyway.

)
    The brake lever on the F3's (all versions) is an easy 5 minute fix. Lamont sells a replacement brake rod. Just unbolt the old rod install the new rod. Only two fasteners and it works great. I not sure but it may only cost $50.00 The SE-6 gearbox is super strong and reliable and the best part is winding up at Ace 1330 engine past 5 grand on the twisties. I own a F3-T and add BajaRon sway bar. The machine ride like it's on rail, super fast, very steady in crosswinds. I carry my wife around on the back and we have a great time. You can move the foot pegs if required too.

For a large man the F3-T is nice since you can adjust the air shock by lifting the seat. You can change the handling for yourself or is you carry someone with you. It works very well. Get rid of the stock Kenda tires and you'll be amazed.

You have to ride all 3 bikes to really know what you want to buy. If you want to romp around town maybe the Ryker, if you want to travel more that 60 to 100 miles per trip then you would need to look at the larger Spyders. F3-S versions can be purchased for 12K new right now. (F3-S models do not have an air shock system)

I get over 30 mpg now matter how hard I ride the F3-T.

Spyder Garage

Where are the F3-S that price?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newrideryker View Post
    Where are the F3-S that price?
    maybe a barebone manual, but even then...….

Spyder Garage

Long time MC rider, age 71, still have a couple of conventional bikes but I got over the lack of macho sex appeal and CVT (vs conventional MC) and bought the Rally. Don't know what it is, but once you accept it, the Ryker is just more fun than two wheels.