Good morning all.
I’ve been searching for a good trailer to tow my RT since July, and ended up taking Bob D’s & Zips advice and bought a beautiful 2017 black enclosed IronHorse trailer. Should be delivered this coming week. I know gelcoat is different than paint, I’ve done some research but thought I’d also ask u guys. The IronHorse rep (Jamie English-and he was awesome to work with) kept telling me that the gelcoat finish requires more maintenance than paint. I’m fine w that especially since this trailer matches my truck and is absolutely beautiful, but I have a few questions.
1) I love Lamonts BD detailer, has anyone used that on gelcoat? I’m assuming it’s good to use, but u know what they say about “assuming”. And I’m also thinking of ordering the non aerosol BD.
2) Should I use “traditional” wax on it? I’m scared of creating swirl marks.
3) If the IronHorse doesn’t fit in my garage, is it ok to put one of those Walmart traps over it to protect it from the elements until I tow it?

It’s been very cold in NY, so I wouldn’t even think of waxing/using BD when temps are below freezing, but my family is planning on Escaping NY cold and head to Florida in a couple weeks. So I’d like to apply some protectant before the trip, and I’ll detail it more when in Florida. I’m meeting up w the Original Chapter of US Spyder Ryders (Central Florida) and want my IronHorse looking its best. But most importantly I want the finish protected.
As always, thanks in advance.
Jarred.