Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2017 RT Ltd - Digital and Analogue (dial) Speedos reading different

HI guys.

A day or so ago my RT Ltd began showing different speeds between the digital readout and the dial, we stopped for a drink and it came good. The Dial based speed was showing 10KM faster than the digital. Does anyone that has experienced this know of an issue. Its under warranty and will be reported but I wanted to get a heads up.
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Check and see if the dial sits on zero when stopped. That can be adjusted using the BUDS software. (The tachometer can be adjusted to zero also.)
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Jetfixer, it did return to 0 making me think it was electronic. Thanks for the information.
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

I had a similar event in the first year of owning my Spyder. I stopped for gas and when I shut off the engine had not set the parking brake, Turned the ignition back on very quickly, set the brake and turned off the switch again. When I restarted the engine the digital and analog tachometers were reading noticeably different. An hour or so down the road I stopped for a drink and head call, took the key with me, and when I returned to the bike and lit it off everything was back to normal, the problem has never reappeared and I'm close to 50K on the odometer. One time fluke -- I hope!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Although I've never experienced this issue (hopefully never), I've read elsewhere of 2 speculative causes.
    1) As mentioned above, turn the ignition off and walk away with the key for a few minutes before attempting a restart. I didn't know the key has a prox chip in it, and I still have my doubts that it does, but who am I to argue with what seems to work for others who have experienced this issue; or
    2) I've also heard that if you have the Magic Mirrors installed, that the magnets may cause interference with the analogue gauge, as it's the one that's closest to the magnets. Some people say to reverse the orientation of the magnets, and the problems seems to go away.

Again, I've never experienced this issue, so am only going by hearsay.
    Wishing you luck.
    Cheers
    SuperDave_GPS
    Kingston, Ontario, Canada

"Rosie"
    2016 RT Limited