Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I like doing my own maintenance because I know what was done and that it was put back together the right way.
    With that said, just happened to be at the ride now dealer today and asked off the cuff in service dept how much would it cost to change brake fluid. $637 without changing the pads. Just putting in new oil.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ex-rocket View Post
    if you bought your spyder to see how much it costs annually, than you bought it for the wrong reason.
    agree!!!!!!!
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

Cost is irrelevant. The expense is where each person chooses to spend their recreational money. Some have many passions and most of us have more than one..... and those change over time. For many years my passions were boating, snow skiing, golf, motorcycling and 4 wheel off roading. Each passion can be costly by themselves. I was an advid boater all my life until I sold the last one 3 years ago. There comes a time when choices need to be made and for me that was when I sold the boat. It was costing me over 20K each year to maintain which included yacht club membership, moorage, insurance, and upkeep. I did my own maintenance but it was a boat and "there is always something". Age and lack of proxomity to ski slopes got me out of skiing. Dust and too many scary experiences got me out of 4 wheeling. Golf and motorcycling now fill my activities. Do I miss the other activities.....? You Bet. But I am greatful to have had the experiences and memories. Time moves on and things change. I didn't buy a Spyder for an investment and I didn't buy a Spyder because it might be inexpensive to own. I bought a Spyder to scratch my passion itch. Maybe someday that will change too. But for now at this stage of my life, It fills my desire for adventure and provides a great get away. I suppose it's nice to know the true cost of ownership. But for me, again, that's irrelevent..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Similar background in recreational pursuits; over the last decade or so had to give all the others up due to increasing health issues, but I did learn my lessons well!

Ski-ing - somebody else's hill in the snow country where you get to repeatedly chase your money down-hill... Fast!
    Boats - a hole in the water that you get to pour money into....
    4WD's - a hole in the back-country that you get to pour money into....
    Golfing - a great way to ruin a perfectly good walk..... and a hole in somebody else's lawn that you get to pour money into....

Motorcycling - the best value for money physical & mental therapy around that does all that therapy and still gets you out of the house & exercising, plus it keeps your knees in the breeze!!

"Ride More, Worry Less!"

And then there's "It doesn't matter WHAT you Ride; what does matter is THAT you Ride!"

And of course, you hafta remember.... "You don't Stop Riding when you Get Old, You Get Old when You Stop Riding!"
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-12-2019 at 01:21 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good information to know what to expect in ownership.

Spyder Garage

Default It's just a matter of 'perspective'

Operating expenses really only serve to put original capital cost outlay into a perspective of personal financial viability.... either you can or cannot afford...

Life is really just a game - played by people of differing skills, abilities, financial resources, etc., and at widely varying levels, with equally varying results of success/failure. Gaining entry to the 'playing field' of a particular 'league' (e.g., original cost outlay in owning a Spyder, or anything else) is just the beginning. Maintaining your place there (operating cost) is yet something else. Some can play; others can't. Continued enjoyment simply means you are able to manage the parameters of the perspective... or you just don't give a damn about accounting theory and simply enjoy getting out in the breeze!!!!!

As Peter says: RIDE MORE; WORRY LESS..... and stay a mile or two ahead of the bill collector!!
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    If you bought your Spyder to see how much it costs annually, than you bought it for the wrong reason.
    Well, I don't think I'd by anything JUST to find out how much it costs to own. But as a potential new owner, it's great to see what people are paying to own. As has been said, it's what you can afford.
    2014 RT-S , Orange