Spyder Garage

Default Time to put the old Hendle back on my wife's RS

The packing was used up on my wife's RS Hendle muffler. The bike was popping from time to time and and getting kind of 'throaty'. So I put the stock muffler back on. I need to repack the Hendle now and I have been looking at the various vendors for the material. Anyone have a favorite?
    As far as the 'popping'. . . well, the bike started shifting weird (SE) and throwing a code from time to time which could be cured by pulling a relay. Finally it was time to take it into a dealer. After over a grand in 'shifting' parts, the problem persisted. Another grand later, a new throttle body cured the shifting problem. Hmmmmm. Anyway, it's time to repack the Hendle, any thoughts?
    Vaughn
    Spyder Cat's other half
    Passing thru Southern Oregon? Come ryde with us SOreSpyders@yahoo.com

2010 RT-SE5 PE#783
    Mods: Corbin Custom Seat & passenger arm rests; Elka Shocks, RT622 trailer, and lots and lots of gas. . . . and did I mention, a new rear tire?
    2010 RS , custom home made billet Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnCat View Post
    The packing was used up on my wife's RS Hendle muffler. The bike was popping from time to time and and getting kind of 'throaty'. So I put the stock muffler back on. I need to repack the Hendle now and I have been looking at the various vendors for the material. Anyone have a favorite?
    As far as the 'popping'. . . well, the bike started shifting weird (SE) and throwing a code from time to time which could be cured by pulling a relay. Finally it was time to take it into a dealer. After over a grand in 'shifting' parts, the problem persisted. Another grand later, a new throttle body cured the shifting problem. Hmmmmm. Anyway, it's time to repack the Hendle, any thoughts?
    This is what I used on my Yoshimura. I am pleased with it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FMF-4-Strok...72.m2749.l2649
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default Good luck...

Loved my hindle exhaust but unfortunately it just rattled apart too many times. Make sure you have good reassembly parts I even tried taping and using allen screws to keep it going but now have the yoshimura R77 and love it even more. Still have all the pieces of the hindle in a box...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Loved my hindle exhaust but unfortunately it just rattled apart too many times. Make sure you have good reassembly parts I even tried taping and using allen screws to keep it going but now have the yoshimura R77 and love it even more. Still have all the pieces of the hindle in a box...
    I re-assembled my Yoshimura with stainless steel Allen head screws. I JB welded nuts to the back side. Worked great and looks good too! Main thing, it will be much easier to re-pack next time.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 01-26-2019 at 02:53 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I re-assembled my Yoshimura with stainless steel Allen head screws. I JB welded nuts to the back side. Worked great and looks good tool Main thing, it will be much easier to re-pack next time.
    That's for sure...it is always a challange when unpacking ANYTHING getting it all back in/together again. but being able to button up and unbutton does make it alot easier....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black