Spyder Garage

Default Riders advantage extended warraty

Has anyone used them? I bought a used 2015 Spyder RT Limited and for 2 months have had no problems. Today I started hearing a grinding noise, only when I ease up on the throttle and slow down. There is no problem on acceleration, and it’s not brake related.

The paperwork says I have to call before I take it to a repair shop other than the one I bought it from. Ii bought it from a dealership that is 150 + miles away. I called Riders zAdvantage was immediately sent to a voice mail and left a message for them to call me back. I also did and one line request. Not impressed with them so far.......

Spyder Garage

Not familiar with the Riderz Advantage warranty program. Service will vary between warranty companies. Since you paid the money, it is time to dance through the hoops and see how they handle the claim. Let us know, as the process goes through.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

That grinding noise on deceleration only, is the exact alert of stripped splines on your front Sprocket Pulley. Run a search here on Sprockets or Pulley, and you will find many past posts. The Sprockets have been failing usually around the 20,000 miles mark, with some sooner, some later. Mine failed at around 21,000 the first time, then again at 31,800. Good Luck!
    007James

Quote Originally Posted by Beedoobee View Post
    Has anyone used them? I bought a used 2015 Spyder RT Limited and for 2 months have had no problems. Today I started hearing a grinding noise, only when I ease up on the throttle and slow down. There is no problem on acceleration, and it’s not brake related.

The paperwork says I have to call before I take it to a repair shop other than the one I bought it from. Ii bought it from a dealership that is 150 + miles away. I called Riders zAdvantage was immediately sent to a voice mail and left a message for them to call me back. I also did and one line request. Not impressed with them so far.......
    2016 RT Limited , Black & Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Look at your front drive pulley and see if it is red. Red is a good indication the pulley is going to leave you stranded, I found out the hard way.

Scroll through the following link you will see what mine looked like and I only had 1447 miles.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ghlight=Pulley
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

I have Riders Advantage and I'm dealing with them on an air bag rear shock leak currently. I have had good response and good results so far. If you are repairing you bike away from the selling dealer (my dealer is 250miles away), they want to know that the repair shop I take it to has a "Certified CanAm Mechanic" doing the repair. And they require a photo of the problem to insure no modification of the problem area. All legit stuff, I think. I will see what the end result will be, as I am using an aftermarket repair shop to do the work.......we will see what we will see, and if they pay when the time comes....it will be a couple weeks before I can have the work done as I am out of town for at least a week. I called Rider Advantage first, talked to them in person, then had Harvey call and talk to them, and hopefully everything will work out. Good luck with your repair and I will let you know what happens with mine..........

O. J.
    Ridin' "Lucille", the MusicMaker
    a 2017 F3 Limited (Pure Magnesium Metallic)
    Wife, Jan, riding "Ruby Jane"
    a 2016 F3-T (Intense Red Pearl)
    2017 F3-Limited , Magnesium (light grey)